Saucon Valley High School, November 18, 2020
Dr. Butler's Email 11/16/2020
November 16, 2020
Dear Parent, Guardian, Faculty and Staff,
I hope this correspondence finds you and your family members safe and in good health. I want to take this opportunity to once again express my thanks for the cooperation of the Saucon Valley educational community to keep our students safe and healthy while participating in the SV educational model during the pandemic.
As we continue to reckon with the resurgence of COVID 19, I am compelled to consider options to do our utmost to prevent spread in our school system. To that point, I have to decided to issue a school closure for grades K through 12 for the days of November 30th through December 4th, 2020. The reason for the closure is strictly precautionary relative to preventing any potential spread of the virus in schools following the Thanksgiving holiday. Beginning November 30th all students K - 12 will be "remote" and engaged in synchronous instruction provided by the faculty. The daily schedule for each school will remain identical to the current school schedule. In-person instruction will resume for all grade levels on December 7th.
I realize the hardship this may pose for some families. Rest assured our actions are based on the safety and welfare of the students. The premise upon which we act is based on providing the safest environment possible for students when they are in the building. Providing this hiatus of in-person instruction will hopefully curtail any potentially heightened spread of the virus.
Your child's building principal will send out additional correspondence for added clarification regarding the articulation of synchronous learning. Should you have any questions please feel free to email me at email@example.com.
Craig B. Butler - Superintendent
Updates Regarding Curbside Meal Pick Up
Due to the recent change to all virtual learning for the week of November 30th - December 4th the curbside meal pickup schedule will be as follows:
- Students and children who reside in the Saucon Valley community who are 18 years old and younger are eligible to receive a free breakfast and lunch meal.
- Grab and Go Meals will be available for pick up, on Monday, November 30th through to Thursday, December 3rd from 10:30-am -1:30 pm ), meals will be available for pickup at the middle school bus loop.
- The Thursday's meal bag will contain 2 breakfast meals and 2 lunch meals to cover Friday's meals. There will be no Friday Meal Pick Up.
- Parents/Guardians are permitted to pick up meals. Students do not need to be present.
- For additional information regarding the Curbside Menu, please visit: www.svpanthers.org. "Food Services- Curbside Pick Up Link."
- Regularly Scheduled Curbside Pick Up will resume when school reopens, (Monday- Friday- 11:00-12:00 noon) at the middle school bus loop.
If you have any questions please contact: Patricia Bishop- Food Service Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 610-838-7001-extension 1401 or Paula Miller Cafeteria Manager, at extension 1400.
Vo Tech Schedule Updates
Tuesday, November 24- (ASVAB Testing)
- AM VoTech is virtual (no in person students at BAVTS)- theses students may attend SVHS virtually as well due to the lack of transportation available (students follow regular schedule)
- PM VoTech- dismissed at regular time from 3rd block, attend BAVTS classes online (no in person students at BAVTS)
Wednesday, November 25-
- BAVTS is closed for the holiday
- Early Dismissal schedule at SVHS
- AM VoTech may attend SVHS classes online due to lack of transportation
- PM Vo Tech attend regular classes at SVHS and are dismissed at the end of 3rd block, they may stay in the main lobby to complete work if they need to ride the bus home at the end of the school day
Thursday, November 26 and Friday, November 27- Schools closed for Thanksgiving
Monday, November 30-Friday, December 4-
- ALL SVHS students will be in virtual learning at home. Students should follow their regular schedule and times.
- BAVTS is closed on November 30.
- VoTech students will attend BAVTS classes virtually from home during this week.
Any family needing internet support during school closures, please contact Ms. Gary and Mrs. Braxmeier
Rescheduling rescheduled Picture Retakes ;)
For students who are "in person" in school, click here
For students who are in "virtual learning" at home, click here