Rocket Family Weekly Update - Week of November 2-6
Weekly Note from Mrs. Clement
November 1, 2020
Dear Rocket Families,
I hope this finds you all doing well after Tropical Cyclone Zeta. 2020 sure continues to be an interesting year. I also hope you enjoyed an extra hour of sleep since Daylight Saving Time ended today. Hopefully, you didn't forget to set your clocks back an hour!
Our students and staff were really looking forward to closing our celebration of Red Ribbon Week on Friday by having students and staff dress up and enjoy classroom celebrations. Our staff had lots of fun activities planned. With that being said, please allow your child to wear their Halloween costume on Monday (no costume masks allowed - only our regular COVID-19 face coverings). I've asked our teachers to treat Monday as they would have last Friday. We are all in need of some celebrating!
If you were contributing to your child's classroom celebration and were planning to have items brought in last Thursday or Friday please feel free to send them with your child on Monday. Please check with your child's teacher to ensure items are still needed!
I know that many of you were without power last Thursday and Friday (hopefully it has been restored) and were not able to connect with your child's teacher. Please know our teachers will be happy to work with you in terms of your child's attendance and assignments. Many of our staff members were without power as well.
Please note that this Friday marks the last day of the 2nd six week grading period. Please reach out to your child's teacher if you have any concerns with missing work, attendance, etc.
Below are a few reminders and updates regarding both our Face-to-Face and Remote Learners:
- Many of you have alerted us when your child or someone in your household has experienced symptoms of COVID-19. We sincerely thank you as the more preventative we can be with potential exposures the better our chances are of keeping students and staff in school! Please be sure to contact the school if ANYONE in your household is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 including: fever, chills, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, new cough, new loss of taste, or smell. We will share this information with our school nurse, Ms. Harrill, who will follow up with you to share how this information will impact your child's access to school.
- Our car rider line begins getting very busy around 7:15. Even so, we have been able to complete the car rider line by 7:35 each day. Please know that all available staff is being utilized for the car rider line each morning. As a reminder, our car rider line begins at 7:00 AM.
- Please help the car rider line move as quickly as possible by ensuring your child or children are ready to depart your vehicle immediately after screening.
- If the Tardy Sign is out you must walk your child into the front office to answer screening questions there and sign your child in for the day.
- Attestation forms are included in the link below for our morning riders. If your child needs more forms please let their teacher know.
- If you have more than one child riding in the mornings you may complete one form as long as all student names are on the form.
- Learning Packet Pick-up for Grades K-2 will begin at 9:00 AM on Monday. This is a change from our normal 8:00 time. This will allow our K-2 Remote teachers to have time to complete printing any needed materials since they were unable to do anything at school last Thursday and Friday as we were without power.
- REMINDER TO ALL 3RD GRADE REMOTE STUDENTS - The Beginning-of-Grade 3 Reading Assessment will be administered at RES Face-to-Face this Wednesday, November 4 beginning at 8:30 AM for remote learners. Please plan to arrive between 8:00-8:20. Parents will need to walk students into the front office in order to complete health screening.
- We were thrilled to have many remote learners join us for pictures last Wednesday!
Please note that there are several upcoming dates listed below for student and staff holidays.
As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. I am available by Dojo, email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or by phone – (828) 287-3778.
- Wednesday, November 11
- NO SCHOOL - Holiday for students and staff
Optional Teacher Workday, Remote Learning Day for Students
- Wednesday, November 25
- Thursday, November 26
- Friday, November 27
- NO SCHOOL - Holiday for students and staff