West Genesee District e-Newsletter
October 9, 2020
October 16 is a Half-Day for Students
Mark Your Calendars: Friday, October 16 will be a Superintendent's Workshop Day and a half-day for ALL students with the following dismissal times:
- High School: 10:31 a.m. (AM BOCES students will attend; PM BOCES students will NOT attend)
- CMS: 10:13 a.m.
- WGMS: Bus Dismissal/6th grade Parent Pickup at 10:00 a.m.; 5th Grade Pickup/Students on Bicycles at 10:10 a.m.
- All Elementary Buildings: Buses Load and Dismiss at 11:00-11:15 a.m.; Student Pick-Up at 11:15-11:30 a.m.
Notes from West Genesee Nurses: COVID-19 Toolkit
District Reopening Information: New Items Added (FAQ/Transportation/Food Service/Technology)
After receiving the New York State Department of Health and New York State Education Department’s guidance document earlier this month, the West Genesee Central School District started working to adopt the model and create our own Reopening Plan.
West Genesee formed a COVID-19 Task Force early this year which has been exploring options for the safe reopening of our schools. The District has also been working with a regional group of school districts through OCM BOCES to share information and best practices. Based on the committee’s recommendations and the regional group’s work, in accordance with the new state guidelines, West Genesee submitted an initial plan to New York State by the July 31 deadline.
Below is additional information concerning the reopening of schools.
- West Genesee Student Days During In-Person / Hybrid Learning
- 2020-21 School Year: What’s New and Different?
Click here for more information including links to videos of all Talks with the Superintendent and Panels, guidelines for reopening, and other important resources.
Job Openings in the District
The West Genesee School District is looking for Substitute Bus Drivers, Substitute Bus Attendants, and Substitute School Nurses (both RN's and LPN's). Please refer to westgenesee.org for non-instructional applications and mail or email completed applications to:
Mr. David Cirillo, Director of Staff Relations, West Genesee Central School District, 300 Sanderson Drive, Camillus, NY 13031 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the Latest News from these WGCSD Leadership Blogs
- Notes from the Superintendent
- Notes from Executive Principal Ackles
- Notes from the CMS Principal
- Notes from Principal Dunham (WGMS)
- Notes from Principal Craig (East Hill)
- Notes from Principal Clark (Onondaga Road)
- Notes from the Split Rock Principal
- Notes from Principal Simmons (Stonehedge Blue)
- Notes from Principal Suddaby (Stonehedge Gold)
- Notes from the Director of Special Education
- Notes from Team Remote
- Notes from the WG Nurses
- Notes from Fine Arts
- October 12, 2020 No School - Columbus Day
- October 16, 2020 Superintendent's Workshop Day - Half-Day for Students (See dismissal times listed in the article above.)
- October 21, 2020 Board of Education Claims Audit Sub-Committee Meeting - 6:15 p.m. - High School Library Classroom
- October 21, 2020 Board of Education Meeting - 7:00 p.m. - High School Library