MSA Parent Update
January 12, 2021
Para leer este mensaje en español, debe pulsar en el botón “Translate Newsletter” para cambiar el idioma. Este botón se encuentra a la derecha, debajo de “Accessibility”.
Happy New Year!! Check out what is going on here at the school:
Report Cards Mailed Home
Applications for the 2021-2022 School Year
Thanks for all you do to make MSA a GREAT place. It is only with your support and helping us spread the good word about our school and programs that we can be more successful in the future.
Dance Class Google Codes
High School: ttuqtmj
Middle School: hab7ptg (Grades 6, 7, and 8)
If you have any questions about the class, please email Ms. Harris at email@example.com.
High School Thespians District Competition
Class of 2021 College Acceptances
11th Grade Students - FREE ACT testing on March 30th
More info will be coming, but mark your calendars for March 30th!!
Early College Program at MSA
Please join Mrs. Quin for an Informational session about Early College at MSA. The Google Meet Q&A Is on Monday, January 18th at 6PM (This is MLK Day - No school for students).
I am also happy to schedule individual meetings with students and parents. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment.
An email has been sent to all students in grades 8-11 that meet the GPA requirement for dual enrollment with the MSA Early College Program. You can access the the Meeting link in the following places:
- Class of 2022-2024 Google Classroom
- Email notification sent to student email accounts
- Posted on Facebook in the MSA College and Career Center
- All MSA Families are invited to drop in and get their questions about Early College at MSA.
- PERT Testing is January 20, 21, 22
- PERT Study Guide and PERT Test Practice
- THIS IS THE ONLY PERT TESTING WE ARE OFFERING THIS YEAR AT MSA.
- If you miss this testing due to illness please email Mrs. Quin.
- USFSM GPA requirement is 3.5 weighted (Classes are available to all qualified students at USF and MSA)
- SCF GPA Requirement is 3.0 or higher (Classes are available to Juniors and Seniors at SCF. Additionally 10th graders with a GPA or 3.3 or higher can apply for the Accelerated Dual Enrollment Program at SCF.)
For more information please join the the Google Meet at Monday January 18th at 6PM: Google Meet Early College at MSA Q&A
Want a yearbook customized for you? Head to Balfour.com and personalize your book with your name, extra autograph pages, or accessories.
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. LeBuffe in room 203 or at email@example.com
State Assessments Are Coming!!
If you have any questions related to this test administration, please contact our Director of Testing and Data, Mrs McGirr at firstname.lastname@example.org or (941) 721-6800, extension 1022. If you or your child would like to learn more about the FSA assessments, and specifically the ELA Writing Component Field Test, writing rubrics and other general information they are available on the FSA Portal at www.FSAssessments.org.
Attention 6th Grade Parents - Required Shots BEFORE Entering 7th Grade
The State of Florida requires proof of immunization for all students entering 7th grade each year. This proof must be on the official State of Florida Immunization Form (DH680... the Blue Card) which is obtained from your doctor's office or the Health Department. The following immunizations must be documented on this form:
* Tetanus, Diphtheria, and acellular pertussis (Tdap) - This is the update shot that you need for 7th Grade.
* Hepatitis B vaccine series
* Varicella vaccine or the year of disease
* Two doses of MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella)
Please see your doctor or the Health Department for more information and to assure that your child has met these requirements. This documentation must be submitted to the school before the first day of school next year (August 10). Students will not be allowed to come to school until these shot requirements are met. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.
Checking School Announcements
Please be sure to keep up with what is going on here at MSA!
18 - No School - MLK Day
15 - No School - President's Day