Weekly Staff Newsletter for Francis Howell North High School
- Great Senior Awards Night. It was a wonderful evening to celebrate so many talented seniors. Nearly 12 million dollars in scholarshipps has been amassed.
- Congrats to FHN Today for Winning the School Newspaper Online Distinguished Website Award.
- FHN DECA Competitiors placed in the ntop 15% at the International Competition.
- Nearly a 100 of our students and 10 of our staff members had the opportunity to hear Dr. Bernice King, daughter of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. speak about the 50th Anniversary of the Fair Housing Act!
WEEKLY SIP UPDATES
THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE IS ABOUT DISTRICT PD. YOU MUST SIGN UP BY APRIL 30th IF YOU WANT TO CHOOSE YOUR OWN STRAND –Katie
DPDC is excited to offer a more personalized approach to district professional learning for the 18-19 school year. Staff will engage with a cohort of approximately 30 colleagues in one selected strand of learning for the November, January, February, and April district professional development days.
Using the link below, you will be guided through a series of questions asking you to choose three professional learning strands you are most interested in attending. This information will then be used to place each staff member into one of their “top 3” strand choices. This strand will be the focus for all four professional development days during the 18-19 school year. After each strand is selected, you will answer a series of follow-up questions. This information will be shared with the facilitator of the strand in which you’re placed so they can customize and differentiate the professional learning based on the 30 participants in their strand.
Please allow approximately 15 minutes to complete the registration process. For a smooth registration process, please access the link through a laptop or desktop. Staff using iPads, Chromebooks, tablets, and phones are likely to experience issues. Once completed, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. If you do not receive the confirmation e-mail, your registration was incomplete. If you experience problems or need to edit your registration, please reach out to Connie Buckman or Jenny Messerli.
Please complete your registration by Monday, April 30th. Staff who do not self-select a learning strand will be placed in one by their building principal. All staff will be notified of their strand by mid-May.
REGISTRATION LINK: click here
Please feel free to reach out to your building DPDC rep with questions about the registration process or the strand approach.
Thanks in advance for your quick completion of the registration process.
- Last week we held the last parent coffee of the year. 3 of our Students for FHN members presented their Lunch and Learn presentation to the parents in attendance. Parents were very supportive and asked how they could be involved next year. Be Nice week at FHN is May 7th - 11th. We will send you a flyer soon to post in your room. We hope you will also participate with us!
- Graduation Practice is May 4, 2018