Gallatin High Update
Week of February 13-February 18, 2023
Dive into the week the way Paul Nave approaches the breaststroke!
The boys took 5th overall and were just one point out of 4th place. All of the boys' relays finished in the top 6.
- Paul Nave placed 2nd in the 100 Breaststroke and 5th in the 200 IM,
- Alex Clapper placed 5th in the 100 Freestyle and 6th in the 100 back.
- Ian Dyk got 9th in the 100 fly.
- Marcus Clapper was 8th in the 200 Freestyle.
Both of our girls relays made it back to top 12 to swim on Saturday in finals.
- Elina Maganito was 7th in the 200 IM and 9th in the 500 Freestyle with a new team record.
- Kamiah Leach was 9th in the 100 breastroke, and got a new team record in the 100 Freestyle
- Victoria Bender set a new team record in the 200 freestyle
- Kayla Lobb set a new team record in the 100 backstroke.
Great job, Raptors!
Speech and Debate finishes strong at the National Qualifier
The Raptor Speech and Debate team had a great tournament in Belgrade this weekend for the National Qualifier meet. Nationals will be held in Phoenix, AZ this June. GHS had 4 qualifiers and several alternates. Here are the results:
- Alison Apostle - National Qualifier in Original Oratory - 1st Place
- Devon Hanley- National Qualifier in International Extemporaneous - 1st place
- Julian Staggs - National Qualifier in LD Debate - 3rd place
- Shelby Tyler - National Qualifier in US Extemporaneous - 3rd place
The following students are alternates for the National Tournament:
- Lila Sundeen - 5th place in Informative Speaking, 1st Alternate
- Rhianna Ashcraft - Humorous and Dramatic Interpretation
- Devon Hanley - US Extemporaneous
- Max Defanti and Ravenor Davion - Public Forum Debate
- Pranshu Krishna and Evie Taylor - Public Forum Debate
- Laszlo Baumgardner and Cole Woodward - Policy Debate
Overall, Gallatin placed 3rd in Debate, 3rd in Speech, and 3rd overall. Way to go Raptors!
Last weekend our Special Olympics Team participated in the state bowling competition. Congrats to all of our athletes and unified partners!
Support Special Olympics Montana
HELP NEEDED - Afterprom, April 15
Afterprom is right around the corner and we are still in need of A LOT of volunteers to pull off this awesome event! If you would like to sign up to help out with Afterprom this spring (April 15) please sign up at this link.
If you have any questions about this year's AfterProm, please reach out to Ashley Crane.
The Week Ahead
Monday, February 13
- School Board Meeting, 5:45pm
Tuesday, February 14
Wednesday, February 15
- Kamerata Orchestra Concert, 7pm
Thursday, February 16
- Girls Bball vs. GFH, 7pm
- Boys Bball at GFH, 7pm
- Band concert with Rural schools, 7:00pm
Friday, February 17
Saturday, February 18
- Boys basketball vs. CMR, 4pm
- Girls basketball at CMR 4pm
No School Monday, February 20-Presidents' Day
Other Upcoming Dates
- Spring Break – March 13-17
- Prom – Saturday, April 15
- Graduation – Saturday, June 3, 10:00 a.m.
Last weekend, Jesselle Crane, Josie Simcoe, Jane Chase, and Wrigley Loucks traveled to 24SEVEN Dance Competition to compete their solos and to participate in a dance workshop, each of them earned scholarships. Congratulations!
GHS' Nordic Skiers
Come cheer on your local racers this weekend (Feb 18-19th) at the Sunset Hills trail system in town!
GHS and BHS Orchestra's played with the CJMS and SMS 8th grades at a concert last week.
City Seeks Input for West Side Community Center - Provide Your Input
The City is currently in the planning process for a new Bozeman Community Center which includes a library, an aquatics center, and a recreation facility on the west side of town. Right now the City is gathering information from a survey about what families would like to see, prior to this project being placed on the ballot for voting in November 2023.
The City is trying to gather feedback from as many westside residents as possible, and input from GHS families will be helpful as they move forward.
Here's a link to information and the survey: https://engage.bozeman.net/community
Thank you for providing your input!