October 26, 2020
Good Morning Mariners!!
Please see some important information below:
Congratulations to seniors Maryann Dillion, Ved Jain, Molly Nide, and Michael
Tresvalles for being named Commended Scholars by the National Merit
Scholarship Program for their outstanding performance on the 2019 PSAT, which
serves as the qualifying test for the program. Their scores have placed them
among the top 34, 000 students from over 1.5 million students who take the test
each year. Additional kudos go to Michael Tresvalles, who scored amongst the
top 16,000 students and now moves on as a National Merit Scholarship Semifinalist.
Attention Freshmen Parents!! Coffee with the Principal!
Please join us via google meet at 6pm this Tuesday, October 27th for Coffee with the Principal! While it might be difficult to serve you coffee, we will be meeting to discuss the year thus far with our newest Mariners. You will hear from Mrs. DeGrandis and I along with you children's class advisors and a few of our seniors as we talk about our freshman class and what to expect as we move to hybrid instruction. This will be a great opportunity to ask any questions you may have. We look forward to seeing you this Tuesday! Please see the google meet code below:
Hybrid Return - November 9th!!
We are very excited to welcome our students back to school on Monday, November 9th!
Hybrid cohort days and bus passes should be available on the Parent Portal today.
Safety will be our number one priority, as it always is! Here are some of the controls put in place to support student and staff well-being:
- Daily Covid Forms: Forms will be available on the Parent Portal and must be filled out prior to student arrival each morning. Failure to fill out the form will result in lost class time. Please make it a habit of filling out the form prior to your child leaving for school.
- Morning drop-offs and students congregating in the auditorium and gymnasium - In order to reduce the volume of students in the common areas waiting for the opening bell, students will go directly to their classrooms upon arrival. Buses will begin dropping off students at 7:00am. Students who are dropped off or drive themselves to school will enter through door 18 near the gym in the rear of the building and move directly to their first period classrooms. All teachers will be on their posts or at their doors at 7:00am.
- Masks and Faceshields - Masks are a requirement for all students and staff throughout the day.
- Non-touch Hand Sanitizer Stations - Located in every classroom, bathroom, and all common areas for appropriate use.
- Classrooms have been set up to support social distancing. Rows will skipped and we will use a checkerboard pattern to support in-class seating arrangements.
- Cleaning between classes - Teachers will be in the hallway monitoring students as they move between periods. As students arrive and enter the classroom, they will pick up a wipe and to clean their respective desk. Wipes will be discarded and hand sanitizer used following cleaning.
- Cafeteria - The vending machines will not be accessible and students should be informed that they are not permitted in the cafeteria unless they have an assigned classroom period.
- Bathroom usage - Bathrooms will be locked between periods every day and will be unlocked during periods for oversight and social distancing control. Teachers are assigned duties every period at each of the respective locations. If a student needs to use the restroom, he/she will be required to provide their Bathroom Pass. Students will mobilize to the nearest restroom and will be asked to sign in at the respective desk. Only 2 students will be permitted to utilize a particular bathroom at one time. Students will sign out when they are done.
The deadline for the current yearbook promotion of 4 free icons with purchase has been extended to October 30th. Don't miss out!
ORDER YOURS TODAY jostensyearbooks.com |1-877-767-5217.
See attached flyer for more information.
The yearbook is now collecting Senior Quotes! All quotes must be school appropriate and under 140 characters (the length of an average tweet). Quotes must be submitted through the Google Form, which can be found on the Yearbook Google Classroom. The final deadline for all submissions is Friday, October 30th.
Senior Portrait Pose Selections Deadline:
The deadline for Senior Portrait pose selections is November 13, 2020. If you do not choose which photo you'd like to go in the yearbook by this date, Lors will choose one for you. To select a photo, please call Lors at 908-964-0847 or email email@example.com.
UPCOMING DAYS OFF
Election Day/NJEA Convention November 2-6
Early Dismissal Students/Staff November 25
Thanksgiving Break November 26-27
Winter Break December 24 -January 1
I hope that you have a wonderful week!
Ed Keller, Principal