November 2020 Newsletter
One School. One Vision. One Family.
As we embrace the month of November and continue to adjust to our "new norm", my focus this entire month is to express my gratitude to the Imagine-Chancellor family. I am so incredibly thankful and blessed to be a part of this outstanding school community. Each day when I come to school, I am always greeted with smiling faces (behind masks) and sweet gestures by the incredible members of this family.
I encourage everyone to take time to count their blessings each day in November and demonstrate an attitude of gratitude. We all have so many things to be thankful for, so lets take time to focus on the positive things in our lives.
Thank you and always remember we are #inthistogether!
With love and appreciation,
New Imagine-Chancellor Staff
We have added some new members to our Imagine-Chancellor Staff.
Hunter Gaines- 8th grade Science
Jordan Tierney- Kindergarten
Carli Winn- 5th grade
Joicy Souza- Paraprofessional
Natia Vasillas- Paraprofessional
Welcome to the Imagine-Chancellor Family!
Arrival Procedures Effective November 4th-November 6th
To ensure a smooth arrival for our students who have switched from distance learning to in-person, please adhere to the following:
- All returning in-person students who have previously been on campus, please drop off on the north side of the school in the morning.
- For all students returning to campus for the first time, please drop off on the south side of the school. Staff will be on hand to direct them to their classes.
Daily Arrival Procedures
Strict arrival measures have been put into place to ensure the health and safety of all students and staff. Therefore, all parents and students must adhere to the following arrival protocols:
- Students who are enrolled in before care will be able to enter the campus daily from 7:15-8:30 am off of High Ridge Road. Parents will receive special car tags to identify as before care students.
- All other students will not be permitted to enter campus prior to 8:30 am.
- Parents who are not enrolled in before care will enter the campus off of Miner Rd following traffic down Imagine Way. Gates will be open to all students at 8:30 am each morning.
- All students will have their temperature taken by a staff member in the car before they will be permitted on campus. Any student who presents a fever over 100.4 will not be permitted on campus that day. Parents may pull over and wait for a time period to recheck at their discretion.
- All students will use hand sanitizer prior to entering the building
· Staggered dismissal times will remain the same:
K-2- 3:30 pm
3rd-4th- 3:45 pm
5th-8th- 4:00 pm
- All students will remain in their classroom during dismissal
- PikMyKid will be utilized as our dismissal program
- Parents must check-in using the PikMyKid app or provide the designated staff member the assigned dismissal number for their child(ren). Please place your PikmyKid dismissal tag on your dashboard for staff to easily see.
- Gates will be open to all students at dismissal times. Dismissal traffic will flow down Imagine Way (back road off of Miner Rd) and onto south side of the campus until further notice.
- Students will be sent down to a designated area with social distancing measures in place to be placed in their car.
- If you have multiple children in different grade levels, please come at the oldest child’s release time to pick up all of your children
- Please do not come earlier than your child’s assigned dismissal time. Parents that have children in grades 3-8 that come early will be asked to go around and come back at their assigned time.
School Supply Donation
All visitors will be restricted to the front office lobby only. Upon arriving, they must wear a mask, sanitize their hands, and practice social distancing measures. The capacity of the front lobby is limited to 4 people.
Positivity Project Character Strengths for November
Positivity Project will continue on our campus with a focus on Positivity in Action and the Other People Mindset. Below are the character strengths we will be focusing on each week during the month of November.
Perspective- Week of November 2nd-November 6th
Bravery- Week of November 9th-13th
Gratitude- Week of November 18th-20th
A new resource Positivity Project is offering this year is P2 for Families!
This is an easy way for families to discuss the importance of character strengths and positive relationships. It is differentiated for various grade levels and includes 1 quote, 1 video and 3 questions to drive conversations around character at home.
InUnison will remain our school uniform vendor for this school year. All of the shirt colors will remain the same as well as the shorts/pants colors. If you wish to order online for this year, the link to the uniform website is below.
Brick & Mortar Student Meals for Winter Break Survey
School Food Service would like to provide meals for students who are currently enrolled in Brick & Mortar learning to enjoy for the weeks students will be out for Winter Break. The meals will be picked up at Parent pick-up on Thursday, December 17 and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Each child in the household will receive a breakfast, a lunch, a supper, and a snack for 16 days. Due to the amount of food being provided, walkers and bus riders will not be able to receive this offer. If you are unable to pick up meals at dismissal, parents will still be able to pick up meals at their local curbside feeding sites on 12/17.
RESPONSE DUE DATE: Friday, November 6, 2020 .
This information is needed to ensure that the products arrive in time for preparation.
School Food Services
School Food Service is very excited to be able to provide breakfast and lunch FREE to all students 18 years and under, as well as, ESE students who are 22 years old and under starting Thursday, September 10th.
Distribution days will be Tuesday and Thursdays for Grab & Go Meals. For times please visit our website at www.palmbeachschools.org/schoolmeals.
You can go to any school to pick up meals and your children do not need to be present, but you will need to provide proof such as student ID; barcode letter; birth certificate; or photo.
If your child will be returning to brick and mortar instruction, breakfast and lunch will also be available for free each day.
Raise Money for our School through Amazon Smile
Introducing a simple way for you to help raise money for Imagine Chancellor PTSA by doing what you already do every day! Rather than shopping at Amazon.com, simply shop AmazonSmile.
When you shop AmazonSmile, nothing changes for you. You will find the exact same products, pricing, and membership benefits. The only difference is that .5% of eligible purchases are donated back to our school. AmazonSmile is available at smile.amazon.com on your web browser and can be activated in the Amazon Shopping app for iOS and Android phones. You will be asked to select a charitable organization to support. Enter Imagine Schools Chancellor Campus PTA.
ON YOUR COMPUTER:
Step 1: Go to smile.amazon.com
Step 2: Follow the website prompts to create your AmazonSmile account. (Note: If you already have an Amazon account, enter your login credentials when prompted for your username and password.)
Step 3: You will be asked to select a charitable organization to support. Enter Imagine Schools Chancellor Campus PTA.
Step 4: Follow the online prompts to complete your setup.
Step 5: Create a bookmark for smile.amazon.com to ensure a percentage of your next purchase goes to Imagine Chancellor PTA.
ON YOUR MOBILE OR TABLET:
Step 1: If you are not already an AmazonSmile member, sign up on your web browser. Simply select your favorite charity to start generating donations, at no cost to you. If you are, skip to Step 3
Step 2: Get the app. Download or update to the latest version of the Amazon Shopping app on your phone. You can find it in the App Store for iOS or Google Play for Android.
Step 3: Turn on AmazonSmile Open the app and find ’Settings’ in the main menu. Tap on ‘AmazonSmile’ and follow the on-screen instructions to turn on AmazonSmile on your phone.