Gresham Go - To
Weekly Staying Connected While Apart
July 26, 2020 God Has a Plan:
The background of this newsletter looks like splashes of colors that seem to have no rhyme or reason. But the creator of this background had a plan for it. In our world today, there are so many splashes on social media, the news, events in the lives of the people around us, the happenings in our every day life …. some of it seems to have no rhyme or reason. It's during these times, we need to take a pause and remember that God, our creator, sees the whole picture, and we need to hold on to Him. There is a reason. God is strengthening our testimony, we just have to change our perspective. He will see us through. We ask for your prayers as we prepare for next year's budget, praying for what God might be asking of us to do, and how the whole church can have a way to minister to each other and the community.
Majors Celestine and Shoshannah Ruwethin
Some happenings from this week:
1) On Wednesday we had an awesome time of discussion and fellowship at Life Groups. Regardless of if you've been attending church on Sundays or night - we really encourage you to get connected to a smaller group of people for fellowship and teaching. As you are strengthened in your relationships, you'll grow in your faith and help others. Please let us know if you are interested in attending a small group (Life Group).
2) We praise the Lord for the many times of fellowship we've had this week. Then teen hang out on Thursday was fun and encouraging to be around each other. If you weren't able to make it - we are meeting again this Thursday from 10:30 am.
3) On Saturday, Major Anya orchestrated a beautiful time of virtual teaching and discussion at Camp Kuratli for women. Please stay tuned for more times of fellowship and growth to come.
AWESOME NEWS - We can now have 50 people in each room of the church! Please remember everyone 5 years and up are required to wear masks in the building at all times as well as keep 6 feet apart from others outside of your immediate household. These guidelines are especially hard to follow in such a loving church. However, we do not want to be negligent in our care of each other - physically or emotionally - so we will follow the guidelines. Reminder that drinks are allowed in the chapel as long as they are in cups/containers that can be closed.
FROM THE MUSIC DEPARTMENT
W-M-I is the place to be!! For the first time in history the Western Music Institute will be FREE and virtual!! WMI applications are now ready for you to sign up. Go to: wmiapp.usawest.org
Daily Schedule - August 3 - August 7, 2020
9:00am - Zoom Bible Study
10:00am - Classes - see below
12:00pm - Sealed Orders
Special Video Events
- Welcome Night – August 2 – 6:00 PM
- Mid – Week Concert – August 4 – 6:00 PM
- Soloist Night – August 5 – 6:00 PM
- Final Festival – August 8 – Noon
Wayne Mason - Wayne's World
You can also send cards to him at:
12370 SE Verlie St., Happy Valley, OR 97086.
This Week's Schedule
9:30 am Adult Sunday School on Facebook
(Gresham Bible Study)
10:15 am Zoom Church, password 1234, to say hi and view Facebook Live
10:30 am Worship Service (live) and Facebook Live (online)
10:30 am Teen hangout @ the church
6:00 pm Women's Bible Study (Messenger Michelle VanAusdell/Marcia McQuade)
6:00 pm Teen Zoom Youth Group
6:00 pm Life Group @ Majors' Ruwethins house and Zoom, password 1234
10:30 am Teen Hang out at the church