HSE Tiger Tribune
September 20th - 24th, 2021
Drive Safely - for Your Kid and for Others
- Drive SLOWLY in our parking lot - slow enough that if a kid darts out between cars, you can stop (the 10 seconds you save speeding through isn't worth a life)
- Obey the School Zone speed limits
- Watch the accelerator as you move in pickup lines and especially when exiting our parking lots - we have seen people "lead-foot" it out of our lots and almost hit pedestrians and other cars
- DO NOT park across the street and walk to get your student. There have been very devastating accidents at the Brookhollow intersection - and people coming over the bridge may not see a pedestrian in time to stop
Take Five with Ms. Johnson, K-2 Assistant Principal
Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life? Tracee Ellis Ross, she's dynamic, hilarious and a snazzy dresser!
How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? 45 minutes on a good day
What kitchen appliance do you use every day? None for everyday use, but my air fryer gets used at least 3x a week.
What's your favorite fast food chain? Carrabas :-)
What's your favorite family recipe? Sautéed salmon stuffed with crabmeat over angel hair pasta
Homeroom Parents Needed
If you are interested in helping out your student's classroom, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on being a homeroom parent.
HSE Tardy Policy
Please be reminded that it is the parent’s responsibility to discuss the school’s tardy policy with their child, reinforcing the student’s ability to be responsible for arriving to class on time and most importantly, it is the parent’s responsibility to bring the student to school on time.
Starting Monday, 9/27/2021, parents who bring their children to school after 7:45 a.m. must park their car, enter the building, and sign their child in at the front office.
Families can refer to page 19 of the Student & Parent Handbook for more details. Below are the consequences for multiple tardies:
- 1-3 Verbal warning to parents
- 4-5 Written warning to parents
- 6-9 Conference with parents
- 10+ Parent must meet with principal or designee and submit a letter explaining the reason(s) for the excessive tardiness. Failure to meet this requirement may result in the school filing a case with Child Protective Services.
Boys' Soccer Team Tryouts on Thursday
Coaches Murat and Mr. K are hosting tryouts for this years boys' squad!
5th-8th Grade Boys
Thursday, September 23rd | 3:30-5:30 p.m.
Bring shoes/cleats, shorts, shin guards, water bottle, sweat towel, and anything else you might use on the field.
Questions? Email email@example.com
HSE cheerleaders are hosting a trash bag fundraiser!
There are two ways to order...print and turn in an order form (https://tinyurl.com/CheerTrashBagOrderForm) to Mrs. Massey or find an HSE Cheerleader and order from them directly!
We truly appreciate your support for our Lady Tigers and their Competition season!
Noetic Math Contest Registration is Open
The Noetic Learning Math Contest (NLMC) is a semiannual problem-solving contest for elementary and middle school students.
Paper-based Math Competition (held at HSE): November
Registration Ends: October 15th
Fee: $25 (click here to register and pay)
Click here for more information and to work on practice problems
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
Students who cultivate an interest in math early on are better prepared to excel both in school and in their careers. It's COOL to be good at math!
Spirit Shirts for Sale
The PTO has SPIRIT SHIRTS available for purchase!
Visit the HSE PTO store here : https://hsehoustonpto.square.site/s/shop
Shirts can be picked up on the front patio Mondays from 7:15 am until 8:15 am and after school from 2:00 to 3:45 pm. You can also pick up your shirts on Wednesdays from 7:15-8:15a.m. and after school from 2:00-3:00p.m.
GATE Parent Nominations Open
Have you heard of our GATE program? Here at Harmony School of Excellence we have a high number of students enrolled in this program that gives GT students a positive self-concept, works on relationships with others, and strategies to develop critical and creative thinking skills for independent, self-directed learners.
If your child is in Kindergarten or newly enrolled this year and you want to see if he/she qualifies for GT Testing; please fill out the Parent Nomination Link below!
Questions? Email email@example.com
Basketball Tryout Dates Set
5-8th grade Girls Basketball Tryouts
Tuesday, October 5th | 3:20-6:00 p.m.
5-8th Grade Boys Basketball Tryouts
Thursday, October 7th | 3:20-6:00 p.m.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
See you on the court!
Society of Women Engineers Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day 2021
IAGTE is a free, all day event providing interactive workshops to expose girls to different disciplines of engineering. The event will be virtual, on Saturday, November 13th, 2021. This year's theme is How Far WE've Come - Advancements in STEM and how Women in Engineering (WE) contributed!
- Hands on activities will be provided to all registrants to follow along the day of the event.
- A keynote speaker will speak about the advancements they have seen themselves in their STEM related careers and what they think the future will look like.
- There will also be a parent/educator program where we will provide tools to help teach girls STEM and how to keep them engaged.
For more information about the event, as well as to register, check out our website!
Join Our Team!
Current positions include SpEd, ELA, and Elementary teachers. For job postings and information, go to https://harmonytx.org/careers. To apply for a position, go to https://harmonytx.org/employment-opportunities.
New Front Office Hours
**2021-2022 HSE Front Office Hours**
M, T, Th, F: 8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. | 4:00- 4:30 p.m.
W: 8:00 am. - 1:30 p.m. | 3:00 - 4:30 p.m.
The office and front lobby will be CLOSED during drop-off (7:00-8:00 a.m.) and during dismissal (W: 1:30-3:00p, all other days: 2:30-4:00p)
Parents will not be allowed to wait in the front lobby while the office is closed.
*Late students arriving after 7:45 a.m. must have a parent/guardian sign their student in at the table on the front patio
Harmony Mask Policy
Harmony Mask Policy
- Masks will be required for all persons inside Harmony Public Schools buildings and transportation services (ex. buses). If an individual does not have a mask, one will be provided.
- For students and staff members who are unable to wear a mask, a mask exception form is available in each student and staff member’s Skyward account.
When it comes to masks, there may be no perfect policy for all families. Masks have become one of the more hotly debated issues of our time. The one thing we can all agree on, though, is that we all look forward to a day when no one needs to wear a mask.
In the late spring and early summer, many of us believed that day was close. Unfortunately, it’s not quite here yet. But by working together, we will get there – hopefully soon.
For now, we’re asking for Harmony to mask up. It’s good science, and it’s what is best for kids. Thank you.
Emin Cavusoglu, M. Ed. | Area Superintendent | Houston North