Haley's Coaching Corner
Keeping Elliott teachers in the KNOW!
- You have to check out the Kinder Queens documentation booklet... it's even bound! It includes pre-printed pages to record data from Writing Flash Drafts, Math CFA's, Process Fluency Pre-Assessments, and Reading CFA's! Seriously... make them show you.
- Love hearing how grade levels are using data from CFA to guide and change instruction/plans!
- Fifth grade is using a Google Form to analyze student responses from their reading pre-assessments!
- Second Grade teachers are pulling specific math intervention groups before school 2 days a week! Two teachers are doing LLI while the other 3 are working with a small group.
- Curriculum Update: We are busy working on curriculum for Cluster 3 and will have it posted when it's complete. The planners and CBAs are posted which can be used for backwards planning.
- Like last year, we will not have a 4th or 5th grade math simulation. Teachers should be using their CBAs and CFAs to provide targeted instruction. 3rd grade CBA 4 is cumulative (lengthy like the STAAR) and will serve as a simulation. The first person to email me and say smile will get one recess duty covered by me. 3rd grade should also be using their CBAs and CFAs to provide targeted instruction throughout the year.
Cluster 5: Ask Questions to Infer is now available in eduphoria forethought. You will notice the following:
- All cluster planners now have a link to the video. We also have a new format for the videos so you can see the writers and the documents! We hope you enjoy the new format as well as the accessibility of the videos within the cluster planner document.
- In grades 4 and 5, the cluster planners now include some guidance with "look for" answers for the cluster pre-assessments. The videos for these clusters provide additional detail and guidance. (See samples below.)
Links to Past Smores
November 30 - https://www.smore.com/c0f1p
November 9 - https://www.smore.com/h5q9t
October 23 - https://www.smore.com/94rrc
October 19 - https://www.smore.com/qzabx
October 9 - https://www.smore.com/txdtb
September 30 - https://www.smore.com/k84un
September 24 - https://www.smore.com/bvsfv
September 16 - https://www.smore.com/2pdmg
September 11 - https://www.smore.com/v9gjt
September 3 - https://www.smore.com/yprnr
August 30 - https://www.smore.com/rhvcq
August 24 - https://www.smore.com/z18rk