What are the challenges with living in Honduras?
Poor living conditions
Should the Peace Corps be in Honduras?
- Honduras has a lot of poverty and live poorly, so the Peace Corps could help
- There is all sorts of violence such as drug trafficking and crime (Agren 1).
U.S marines occupied Honduras due to political unrest in the early 1900s (Infoplease 1).
- Not all houses have bathrooms inside and running water
- Most bathrooms don't have soap, toilet paper, running water
- One or two room huts with dirt floors
Honduras is also known as the Republic of Honduras.
"Honduras." Infoplease. Infoplease, n.d. Web. 16 Dec. 2014. <http://www.infoplease.com/country/honduras.html>.
"Honduran Cuisine." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, n.d. Web. 18 Dec. 2014. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honduran_cuisine>.
"Economy of Honduras." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, n.d. Web. 18 Dec. 2014. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Honduras>.
"Rural Poverty Portal." Rural Poverty Portal. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Dec. 2014. <http://www.ruralpovertyportal.org/country/home/tags/honduras>.
Johnston, Dave. Honduras Animated Flag. 2007. Wikimedia Commons. Web. 19 Dec. 2014. <http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Animated-Flag-Honduras.gif>.
Types, Logo. Peace Corps Logo. N.d. Logo Types 101. Web. 19 Dec. 2014. <http://www.logotypes101.com/free_vector_logo/83467/Peace_Corps>.
Ngoei, Enette. An Example of Living Conditions in Honduras. 2012. Eyeworld. Web. 21 Dec. 2014. <http://eyeworld.org/article-charity-tourism-in-honduras>.