Vista Student Info Hub
Welcome to Vista's Summer Program! Updated 6/30/20
Vista Spotlight: Meet Ruby!
"My name is Ruby Ayers. I started going to Vista so I could focus on my education without letting my POTS and Dissociative Identity Disorder affect my learning. I love making friends, and helping people feel more welcome. You can catch me participating in our weekly clubs and experiential trips with Mr. Trigg and O'Bryan. If you need a peer to reach out to, you can text me at (970)-765-4573"
Need some support? Reach out to one of our peer mentors!
Kenny- Wellness and HERO Peer Mentor firstname.lastname@example.org or text 214-649-5880
Ruby-Wellness and HERO Peer Mentor text 970-765-4573
Important Summer Program Information
Upcoming Important Dates
Tuesday, June 30th- No Zoom Huddle due to 4th of July Vacation week.
Monday June 29th-July 3rd- Students can continue to work independently on coursework but Vista staff will be on vacation for the 4th of July holiday.
Friday, August 14th-Graduation
Monday, August 24th first day of school year 20-21
Summer Program-What to do now!
- Check this Vista Student Info Hub frequently for updates and important info.
- Respond to your summer crew leader as they reach out to you this week.
- Check your Vista email (If you don't know how to access your Vista email you can email Mr. O'Bryan at email@example.com)
- If you didn't finish your course(s) for Cycle 6, keep working on the course(s) you were working on for Cycle 6.
- Begin the new courses you were assigned if you finished your Cycle 6 courses.
- If you need a new course, get in touch with Mr. D at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Wellness Google Classroom if you are taking our summer wellness course. (See info below)
- Make weekly progress on your course(s), following our attendance expectations for our summer program (see below).
- Plan to join your crew in Zoom for our summer Crew Huddle on Tuesdays at 10 am (see link below)
You signed up for summer school for a reason. Log on to HERO today and chip away at your big goals by taking little steps.
Attendance interventions for those not making the required progress will resume next week.
Summer Program Attendance/Engagement Expectations
In order to maintain your enrollment in our summer program, weekly progress expectations include one module on HERO per week or three assignments for the wellness course per week.
Attendance interventions for those not making the required progress, begin this week.
Join us for our Zoom Huddle on Tuesdays at 10 am! Attending our Zoom Huddle counts towards your weekly attendance requirement.
All students participating in our summer programming should plan to attend the Tuesday Zoom Huddle at 10 am. You can find the Zoom link below. During our huddle time, we will have crew time, club time, and academic tutoring time. Attending the Zoom Huddle counts toward your weekly attendance requirements. Reach out to your crew leader if you need support with Zoom.
Click on the link below to join Zoom from your phone, tablet or computer.
Refer a friend who enrolls in Vista for our summer or fall programs and get a customized Vista hoodie!
Vista is enrolling for our summer and fall programs
All you have to do is have your friend get in touch with Ms. Rhonda at 970-249-4470 or email@example.com and tell her you referred them. Ms. Rhonda will do the rest and you get a free hoodie!
Bring on new the Vista students!
Not sure what courses you should be taking this summer?
Vista Summer Course Syllabi/Google Classroom Codes
Some HERO classes, also include a Google Classroom. If you are taking any of the following classes you should also join their Google Classrooms.
Follow these steps to do that.
- Go to classrooms.google.com
- Enter the code listed below for the course.
How to log on to HERO
- Click on the link below.
- Enter your Username. This will be your firstname.lastname, all lowercase. For example, if your name is John Smith, your username is john.smith
- Your Password will be your first initial and last name, no spaces. Therefore, jsmith would be your password.
- On your homepage, click on the Hero Basecamp Tutorial. If you do not see the class, you can search for the class in the search window. If you are still having problems, contact Mr. McKinnon at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will get you in.
HERO Basecamp Tutorial
Do the following to complete your HERO Basecamp Tutorial.
- Log on to HERO by clicking on the link above.
- You should see the HERO Basecamp Tutorial on your student dashboard.
Vista Wellness Course
Wellness Course Google Classroom Code
Our Wellness Course in the only Vista course this summer that will not be done in HERO. In order to access the Wellness Course, follow these steps.
- Go to classrooms.google.com
- Enter the code vgbwtyy
Join the Wellness Experiential Learning Trip This Week!
Youth Activism Opportunities
You can make a difference! You matter!
Check out Youth Changing the World for ideas on how you can get involved and work towards the changes you want to see in our world.
The Governor's Office is relying on you to do your part to help schools open in fall.
Questions & Vista Support
Questions? Concerns? Need Support? Feeling Stuck? Not Sure What to Do?
- Call the Vista phone 970-249-4470.
- Leave a message AND the best way to reach you.
- Ms. Rhonda will connect you to someone who can help you.
Need something to eat? Concerned about food? MCSD meals will continue through July
Sharing Ministries distributes food from 9:30 am to 12:00 pm if you need something else to eat.
**If you are concerned about food and in need beyond this please talk to your crew leader/traditional teacher and we will work on supporting you with other resources.
Struggling with your mental health? Need emotional support?
Crisis Hotline and Crisis Walk-in Clinic
Need some additional emotional support right now?
Need resources for support in the community? Find them here.
Are you uninsured?
Remember you can use Google Tools and HERO through your phone. You will also be able to log on to Zoom our new online classroom through your phone.
Vista Club Connect
Check out this awesome recipe brought to you by the Foodie Fan Club perfect for the sweet tooth and to beat the heat!
Attention Foodies: Have a recipe you would like to see posted on the Hub? Email Ms. Stucki at email@example.com
Thai Spring Rolls
First...to prepare your vegetables, you'll need to use a julienne cut, which is long and thin.....you can use any variety of vegetables. The recipe has a nice combination.
Second.... you'll find spring roll skins (rice) in the Asian section of the store. You'll want to have all of your ingredients ready before you begin. Fill a pie plate with boiling hot water and dip the skin into the water for 1-2 seconds. Transfer to a board for filling and rolling. Use the burrito roll method and work quickly as the skin will get sticky!! Don't worry the first couple might fail!! Just keep trying!
For fun (and if you're a real foodie fan) , look up the movie Julie & Julia....a comedy about becoming a self made chef!