November Dresses Update
Fete for Royalty Dress
several customers have complained that the flower on the belt is poor quality -- either doesn't lay right or falls apart easily -- even when we check to reship, they're still not held together well
88% defect rate for dye bleeding on the dress from the belt
large red dye stains from the belt all over the dress
Fete for Royalty Dress
Fit Update- Belts
Belts have been a large concern this month in the fit department, as well. When belts come attached to dresses, several fit issues can arise:
1. Belts can be sent as one size, which inevitably does not match the size chart for one end of the size run or the other.
2. They can be too large or too small for each individual size on our size chart, or
3. The belts can be mixed together in the bags so that some dresses are not matched with the correct size belts.
Since it is too difficult and time consuming to separate the belts from the dresses and send only the belts back to the vendor, we often have to VP a dress that otherwise fits well, even if only one size of the belt fits incorrectly.
A solution for this may be reminding vendors of our size chart and acceptable belt sizing, or encouraging vendors to send more braided belts/belts that are designed with decorative holes all the way around.
One Belt Size Too Large
Size Small belts are far too large and loose for size chart.
All Belts Too Large
All belts are too large for dresses that fit properly otherwise.
Belt Sizes Mixed
Wrong belts placed with wrong dresses, causing some to be too tight and some to be far too large.
Each profile for the Evergreen styles will have a note stating this is an Evergreen. Once a receiver discovers they have an evergreen in front of them, they will do the following:
- Give all units to our VP Liaison.
- VP Liaison will sign style up style on the PMQ
- Maria will examine units to see if they are exact to what we currently have in stock. She will even go out onto the floor to make sure the colors are exactly the same. We will also check fit to avoid any issues down the road as well.
- If Maria has determined this style is exact she will hand it back to our VP liaison to get processed.
- If Maria has determined this style to differ in some way, she will reach out to the appropriate buyer to discuss her findings and determine a solution.
This would also eliminate some of our highest selling styles being put on hold while we try to determine the percentage that is on the floor of the wrong style. We would love to know your feedback on this plan! Contact us with any suggestions.
Care ModStylists Feedback
General feedback about dresses w/belts
- Belt sizing. We have heard various complaints of certain dresses fitting, but the belt length being off. Most have been about the belt either being too small or not having enough holes.
- Fete for Royalty Dress- Several customer's contacted us about the flower belt arriving damaged and we had to reship replacements, just as Maria mentioned. I have heard this about some other dresses that have a more fragile belt included.