Parma School District
August 2, 2022
Message from Superintendent Winston
Hello Patrons of the Parma School District
I hope all of you have had a wonderful summer and ready for a wonderful 2022-2023 school year! The summer has seemed to fly by as we get set for another productive school year here at Parma School District.
First, I want to thank all of you for your continued support of the Parma School District. With the parent advisory teams, Parma Booster Club, and volunteers, we always feel supported and blessed.
We have some amazing new staff members joining our Panther family this year:
Candice Coleman - First Grade Teacher
Janelle Davis - Third Grade Teacher
Heather Jacobson along with Kim Oberg - Fourth Grade Team Teachers
Jillian Greer - Elementary EA
Sherry Dudley - Elementary EA
Natalie Moss - Middle School Counselor
Sheldon Gentry - Middle School PE/Health Teacher
Carly Flowers - High School History Teacher
Hailey Gibson - High School English Teacher
Montana Manapat - High School Art Teacher
Monique Wagstaff - Middle School Custodian
Wayne Hamilton - High School Special Ed
Amanda Tracy - High School Custodian
Maricruz Puente Perez - Migrant Support & Part Time Library Aide
Miguel Altamirano - Middle School Special Ed
Sheri Falk - 5th Grade ELA
We also have some familiar faces in new positions:
- Shelly Staniec - District Librarian
- Rikki Tolmie - Athletic Director
- Danielle Gentry - Food Service Supervisor
- Alex Willson - Middle School English Teacher
- Lara Miller - Elementary PE Teacher
- Katie Stimpson - PLC Director
- Cara Knox - 6th grade Math
- Tara Sells - 7th grade Math
- Sarah Harrigfeld - Gifted Talented/Elementary STEM Teacher
- Karen Clatterbuck-Meyer - District EL Paraprofessional
- Keri Tveidt - Transportation/Grounds/Maintenance Supervisor
- Joseph Bingham - Transportation Secretary
- Morgan Burke - High School English Teacher
- Kristi Sitts - Federal Programs
New Office Hours:
District Office will be open Monday-Thursday 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
School offices will be open 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Student School Hours:
Kindergarten – 8:00 AM – 3:25 PM
1st – 4th Grades – 8:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Middle School – 7:50 AM – 3:45 PM
High School – 7:45 AM – 3:45 PM
Once again, thank you all for your support and commitment to the Parma School District. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.
Meet Some of the New Staff
Hello! My name is Sheri Falk and I am very excited to be joining Parma Middle School as the new English Language Arts teacher. I have taught both self-contained fifth grade and middle school over the years, so this position is the best of both worlds!
My wonderful husband and I celebrated our 32nd wedding anniversary in May and we have two daughters. Our oldest daughter is also a teacher; she teaches 2nd grade. Our younger daughter will be starting her senior year at the College of Idaho where she is majoring in both Art and History. We have two horses and our dog, Louise. In my spare time, I love to relax with a good book or a classic movie, and always enjoy going to a good rodeo!
On-Line Registration - Returning Students Only
On-Line Registration – go to the Powerschool Parent Portal (accessible from www.parmaschools.org). Create or log-in to your parent account (instructions were sent in the mail). Choose the correct student on the tab in the upper left corner. Click on forms, then the “enrollment” tab. Please be sure to complete ALL forms listed.
RETURNING STUDENT items, please click “yes” to update when no information is displayed. Guardian information is separate from emergency contact information. Click submit at the bottom of each form to progress to the next form. All forms must be completed.
School offices opened Monday, August 1st.
Registration - New Students
If you are registering a new student, please bring a certified birth certificate, official document of proof of residency and immunization records. Once the student is registered, the building secretary will contact the previous school for records.
New Out-of-District Students
Elementary Parent-student drop off
Back to School Night
Parma Middle School will have an open house on Monday, August 16th 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM. Students can bring in supplies to put in lockers, find their classrooms and meet with their teachers.
School Supply Lists for grades Kinder through 8th can be found, HERE.
2021-22 Teacher of the Year - Karen Barbour
2021-22 Employee of the Year - Tricia Kelly
2021-22 Panther PRIDE Award Winner - Shari Doramus
Help the Booster Club with Amazon Smiles
- August 1 - School Offices Open
- August 3 & 4 - Student Registration for those that have not completed on-line or are new to the district
- August 4 - Athletic Parent Meeting - 7:00 PM at High School Gym
- August 11 - Freshmen and new High School student orientation @ 9 AM
- August 15 - First day of school for High School students
- August 15 - High School ASB Picture Day
- August 15 - Back to School Night for Elementary (5:30PM-6:30PM) and Middle School (4:00PM-6:00PM)
- August 16 - First day of school for Grades 1st through 8th
- August 16 - Kindergarten Open House (All day 8:00AM-3:00PM)
- August 17 - First day of school for Kindergarten
- August 19 - Back to school Night celebration - High School Parking Lot 6:00PM-9:00PM