Counseling Through Connections
Spring is in the air
SC READY 6th-8th Grade
April 26 - ELA Day 1
April 27 - ELA Day 2
April 28 - Math
SC PASS 6th-8th Grade (online via iPads)
May 12 - Science 8th Grade
May 13 - Social Studies 8th Grade
May 16 - Science 6th/7th Grade
May 17 - Social Studies 6th/7th Grade
Reducing Test Anxiety
- Please make sure your child receives a good night's rest the night before and eats a healthy breakfast.
- Have a positive attitude before and during the test. Our minds are powerful. Students need to keep a positive mindset especially if they run into some difficult questions.
- Breathe and relax. Taking in deep breaths once you feel your body anxious allows your brain to receive more oxygen. In turn, this will allow you to think more clearly, slowing down the heart rate to help lessen anxiety.
- Take your time. Remember, our state tests are not timed. Do not rush. Do not worry about how fast others are finishing. Only be concerned with your progress.
- Don't panic! If your mind goes blank, just skip that question and move on to the next one.
- Expect some anxiety! That is an indicator you want to do well.
SC PASS and SC READY
6th Grade - Hopkins
7th Grade - Meek
Mrs. Meek will be discussing Career Clusters and talking to the students about their high school electives more next year. All of these discussions take place in order to prepare our 7th graders for their IGP's next year. IGP stands for Individual Graduation Plan. Beginning in the 8th grade and continuing through 12th grade, students will have an IGP conference each year. This conference is to ensure students are career and college ready.
During Mrs. Meek's visit, students also took a survey using our Naviance Career and College Readiness online program. This survey asked questions about their interests. After answering the questions, students received their top three Career Clusters based off their responses. Students were able to research related careers within their top three clusters. We will use these results when conducting our IGP conferences next year. Be sure to ask your child about the Naviance curriculum that is web-based.
8th Grade - Reid
Myers, Max Carson
Scoggins, Charles “Trip”