How We Have Incorporated The Environment In Our School
· The materials we will use for the building will be a sturdy material and with the support of a cover material that won’t affect the main material but act as a support for it instead, and these will all part of LEED certification.
· These materials will keep insulation from leaving the building.
· There will be constant maintenance on pipes so nothing goes wrong while also making sure cooling and heating doesn’t go out of control.
Snippet from the actual LEED rubric for a new building to become LEED certified.
There are 4 tiers of LEED certification.
· We will have to clear out all the trees in the area or in a certain radius but we will be able to use that in the creation of the school.
· Genetically engineered plants could be used to minimize the allergens.
· There will be adjustable wall gardens throughout our school.
· Garden Courtyards in our school.
· The adjustable walls allow natural light into the school and plants throughout.
· A problem with the plants in our school is that they can grow into the building structure; the key to fix these problems though is placement.