Mrs. Reiber's Apple Newsletter
November 10, 2014
- Thank you to all parents/families who attended the second round of conferences last week! Our third and final round (I have meetings with only 3 parents) are on Tuesday, November 25 from 8 a.m - 12:30 p.m. There is no school for students that day.
- Our class is entering a nationwide coloring contest to win an iPad mini and a leather chair for the classroom! Your student colored their "turkey" in class last week but if they are finishing it up at home, it must be back to school by tomorrow (Monday) so I can mail them.
- Happy Veteran's Day on Tuesday -- We are so thankful for all those who have served our country! I know many students in our classroom have relatives who have served or are currently serving overseas now. We are so grateful for all that our veterans did (and still do) for us.
V.I.P. and Teacher Helper
Last week, Clara had the most Class Dojo points and she is our new VIP! Congratulations!
Thank you to Mary, our Teacher Helper, for all of her hard work!
What We Are Learning...
- Math - Unit 3 (division and multiplication) Test is Wednesday! A study guide will come home on Monday night to give students 2 nights to study.
- Reading - Finishing story elements and moving onto how characters change. We are currently reading Wonder as a class, if your child would like to get a copy to read along with us!
- Writing - Writing a short narrative piece about a spooky story! New spelling words and root words will come home on Tuesday.
- Social Studies - Finishing up part of our history unit about Native American Indians, getting ready to start mini-research projects about a specific tribe.