November 18, 2022
Hello Wolf Pack Families,
This week we began our 2nd quarter here at Selkirk. Most students experience some adjustments to their schedule. We took the opportunity to go over school-wide PACK Expectations with our students, reminding them choices they can make to help them be successful during their school day. If you are interested in reading over those expectation, they are linked here: School-wide PACK Expectation for Q2.
Selkirk Community Sense of Belonging Survey
This Week & Upcoming Events:
- No Lego Club this Wednesday.
- Early dismissal on Wed., Nov. 23rd @ 11:45.
- No school for Thanksgiving break Thursday and Friday, Nov. 24th & 25th.
- Save the Date: Winter Ball on Friday, Dec. 16th. More information to follow.
- Winter Break begins on Wednesday, Dec. 21.
- School begins again on Wednesday, Jan. 4.
Sports This Week:
- See this week's schedule below.
Positives for our Wolf PACK
PACK Character Awards will be emailed out this weekend.
Congrats to Nevaeh A who won a 30 minutes of Board Game Time in a Class Period of Your Choice.
Our next raffles include:
- Corn Hole in the Commons for a class period of your choice
- Cooking Session with Mrs. Hurst to learn how to make French Toast Maple Bars (offered at student request. 3 winners will be drawn and each will be able to invite a friend.)
- Hot chocolate bar for you and 2 friends. (4 winners will be drawn.)
- Scholastic Prize Pack of fun things from our Book Fair (2winners)
Students can earn raffle tickets by trading in 10 Wolf Bucks or by being selected by a teacher for a PACK Character Award. Students can select which raffle they most want to enter.
Join our Lego Club!!!
The Lego Club will not meet this week, but will resume the week after Thanksgiving. Students can still join. The Lego Club meets on Wednesdays starting November 9. It will be in Mrs. Kirsch’s room 217 after school until 3:45 pm. Don’t forget to sign up on Final Forms!
SVT - STEM camp
SVT will be holding a STEM Camp on Saturday, December 3rd! These are fun hands-on days where students can explore 3-5 STEM programs per session.
See the link to the registration form.
STEM Camp Form
HOSA Biomed Camp
Contacts at Selkirk Middle School
Attendance Line: 558-6207 (or email: email@example.com)
Principal, Ty Larsen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Asst. Principal, Jen Hurst: email@example.com
Counselor, Connie Mott: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Secretary, Mandi Daniels: email@example.com
Assistant Secretary, Denise Burgess: firstname.lastname@example.org