Big Top News
Ring Leader Tidbits
~Thanks to Sunshine Committee for putting together the awesome potluck on Friday! All the food was yummy! Thanks to everyone for bringing items! It's such a fun treat to look forward to each month!
~ Good news! Speaking of food, October 2nd (next Tuesday) is National Pizza Day! If you would like to have a pizza lunch, we would love to provide that for each person. If you would like to donate $2 to the cause, we will order pizza for the campus on that day! Please get your $2 to Kathleen by Friday, and we will order the pizza!
~ Reminder that the teacher pages on the websites need to be changed. Laura Ingram is having a tutorial today after school for those of you who need help. There is a new template to follow (it's not just simply updating the page). Please make sure you use the new template when you create your page. I sent an email last week that had the template attached. April Dunning (coordinator for the district/campus sites) will be here today at the tutorial, so please stop by!
~ Kathleen and I will begin walkthroughs this week. If we come in your room, just continue what you're doing. :) Remember to make sure learning targets are posted with "can" and "by" statements.
- Thank you to those of you who came to the PTA meeting this past Thursday. Please remember, we want to have a representative from each grade level in attendance. The only grade levels who were represented were SPED, 4th Grade, and 2nd grade. Shout out to Emily, Lindsey and Gina. You will have a jeans pass in your boxes today!
- Make sure you upload your TTESS goal and SLO into STRIVE after we have had our meetings. Make sure to email myself or Kathleen to let us know once it's in there, so we can go in and approve it. All goals should be uploaded by the end of this week.
- Our first CPAC meeting will be tomorrow, Tuesday, September 25th. This meeting is to look over the campus improvement plan and approve it. It shouldn't take too long.
- Our lock down drill will take place this Thursday. Look over the lockdown checklist in CrisisGo in order to refresh your memory on how to handle lockdowns. This WILL be different than drills in the past, as it is depicting a real life scenario, and you will need to remain in lock down until your doors are unlocked by admin. Here are some bullet points to remember:
* Do not cover door windows
* Get out of sight from view from door window AND outside windows (close blinds if possible)
* Turn off lamps, lights, computer monitors off (if possible)
* We will announce AND do the lockdown siren on Crisis Go. Be prepared for both.
* Once admin unlocks your door, you are to stay in rooms until you hear the announcement on the PA
* Students should be completely silent. Admin will be knocking and listening for ANY sounds. Remember this is depicting a true scenario. You WILL need to talk to your students about this.
* This WILL take some time to complete. So, take that into consideration for Thursdays plans. But, we feel this is important to do and will help us to see areas we need to improve upon in order for everyone to be safe.
- I have ALMOST everyone down for what club they will be doing! That list and sign up times will go out tomorrow.
- Elks of the Month- please send me names by THIS Friday!
- Don't forget that we have a mandatory staff meeting next Monday. This will be a required 504 training. Please plan on being there.
Elk of the Month Criteria
Here is this month's focus:
DATES TO REMEMBER
Tuesday, September 25th:
- Tammie out at meeting
- CPAC meeting- 3:00 pm
Wednesday, September 26th:
- 5th Grade Science CLC (8:00 am)
Thursday, September 27th:
- Lockdown Drill @ 9:35 (stay in rooms until doors are unlocked from personnel)
- Parent Academy 5:30-6:30
Friday, September 28th:
Monday, October 1st:
- All staff (REQUIRED) training on 504 at 3:00 pm
- Wear blue for Bully Prevention
Tuesday, October 2nd:
National Pizza Day- pay $2 for pizza
Thursday, October 4th:
- Parent Academy 5:30-5:30
Friday, October 5th:
- Early release for parent/teacher conferences at 11:40
Monday, October 8th:
- Student holiday. Staff district staff development
Tuesday, October 9th:
- Student holiday. Lead4Ward Training for our campus (HDC)
Thursday, October 11th:
- Kori off campus at meeting
- Elk Junior Council meeting @ 3:00