The Roaring 20's
An examination of social, political, and economic change.
Choice: Discuss one of the fads OR heroes of the era. Include an image of the fad/hero and a brief description regarding the significance during the 1920s era.
Fads/Heroes: Create list of the significance of the fad or individual
- Dance Marathons
- Flagpole Sitting
- Publication of Time & Readers Digest
- Est. of the sport of Football
Birth of a Mass Culture
Look at the outlined items below to examine how two of these items created the “Birth of a Mass Culture”.
- "Lost Generation" Writers: Fitzgerald, Hemingway, Faulkner
Culture Civil War:
- Return to Normalcy
- 100% Americanism
- "Noble Experiment"- Prohibition, 18th Amendment, Al Capone, Gangs, Speakeasies
- Scopes Trial
- The Great Migration
- Jazz Age/Harlem Renaissance: Langston Hughes, Rudolf Fisher
- Red Scare: Palmer Raids, Emergency Quota Act, Sacco and Vanzetti
- New Woman: Flapper, 19th Amendment
Economic Status: Identify the key elements that led to the booming economy and the decline of the economy in the U.S. in 1920.
- How did the mass culture stimulate the economy during the 1920s?
- What areas of the culture led to the downturn of the economic stability of the US in the 1920s?
Final Response: This should be in paragraph form. A clear thesis and evidence needs to be presented for points to be given!
Here, you will submit your list of resources.
If you do not include citations, your work will not be graded.