Guidelines for Peer Modeling
- Grade pairings – 1/4, 2/5, and 3/6
- Match subject to teachers
- Collaboration among teachers on strategy to be used
- Student selection – teacher observation of students working in collaborative groups in their classroom
- Size – model groups would be 4 students
- Material covered will be lower grade standards selected by the classroom teacher.
- Pair teachers will work to determine best available times (mixed block)
- Upper teacher will work with students to prepare the model collaboration. Students will demonstrate model collaboration to the lower grade level teacher prior to classroom demonstration.
- Schedule classroom demonstration
Follow – up:
- Allow model students to come back and work with collaborative groups of lower grade levels
- Moving on to modeling with self and peer evaluation