Habitat for Humanity Update
Welcome back and welcome new members!
What we will be covering in this issue:
- We have new t-shirts!!
- The Campus Chapter's approach to this semester
- Executive Board Applications
- Habitat for Humanity's local and national response to COVID-19
- Meet our Executive Board
New Comfort Colors t-shirts!!
The Villanova University Habitat for Humanity Campus Chapter educates Villanovans and the community about the need for affordable housing locally and globally. We are continually exploring new ways to continue our mission and look forward to what the future holds for our club.
What We Do
We advocate for affordable housing through letter-writing campaigns and legislative visits. We also help our partner affiliate Habitat for Humanity MontDelco build affordable housing through fundraising efforts and build trips.
What We Have Done
We have raised thousands of dollars in support of our local Habitat chapter through on campus fundraisers such as t-shirt and food sales. We assisted on multiple builds during Villanova's Day of Service and MontDelco builds.
What We Do
Habitat this Semester
- Although we are unable to plan any build trips or Habitat ReStore trips for the near future, we are keeping in touch with the local MontDelCo chapter to find alternatives way to volunteer. Whether this is a virtual or a distanced event, we will keep you updated with any new opportunities!
- A major way to support Villanova's Habitat for Humanity (and through us, local Habitat chapters) is through our fundraising programs! By buying our new t-shirts you will be directly contributing to our Habitat Mission. Eventually logistics about t-shirt distribution is forthcoming and we may have volunteer opportunities for that as well so keep an eye out for updates!
- We are in the process of building an amazing Executive Board team that can lead our campus chapter. If you think you would make a good addition to our team (and we think you would) apply using the link below!
Habitat Executive Board Applications
Habitat for Humanity and COVID-19
Here are a few updates about the amazing work Habitat for Humanity is accomplishing!
- Habitat for Humanity International recently announced its first global diversity, equity, and inclusion officer: Natosha Reid Rice! She has been serving with Habitat for nearly 10 years and will now be bringing equity and justice even more to the center of Habitat's work.
- World Habitat Day is on Monday, October 5, 2020! On this day, Habitat for Humanity will join the United Nations and organizations around the world in raising awareness, educating, and mobilizing individuals and communities to take action on the current global housing crisis. Use the hashtag #WorldHabitatDay to show support!
- Our local Habitat chapter, Habitat of Montgomery and Delaware County, recently celebrated their 88th home dedication! This is especially important since COVID-19 is a housing crisis. Congrats!
Meet your Executive Board!
Bri Manobianco: Co-President
Haley Wrobel: Co-President
Lindsay Sasson: VP of Communications
Yulisa Mendez: VP of Administration
Hi everyone! My name is Yulisa Mendez, and I am a sophomore here at Villanova. I am majoring in Marketing and Analytics, with a minor in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Coming from a small town in Wyoming, I wanted to immerse myself in campus activities and have a chance to explore nearby areas. It is why I decided to join Habitat for Humanity because it was an amazing opportunity to serve others in the local community. It is also a nice way to meet new people and have a fun time off-campus. Fortunately, I had the chance to lead a trip to Restore MontDelco and it was a blast! I love Habitat for Humanity because everyone is so welcoming and eager to help out. I cannot wait to (virtually) meet you all this year!