UDL & Differentiation
- Focuses a great deal on formative assessments
- Teachers are constantly assessing students and making adjustments in their instruction as they go.
Blending the Concepts
1. Children will receive the best of both worlds.
2. As they enter the classroom, they will be assessed continually and also receive extra help for any initial difficulties he or she may have.
How to present new info
2. Use movement (foot stomping and hand clapping)
3. Mix up teaching styles
- have students pair up
How students will demonstrate their prior background knowledge
Strategies to engage and motivate students
- Set up buddy systems
- Motivate students by having them set goals
- Give students opportunities to interact in groups (jigsaw think-pair-share)