Opportunities for Technology PD
Listed below are the current offerings we have for technology PD:
- Building your Technology Toolbox - Webinar Series -Jan. 26, Feb. 9, Feb. 16
- Old School Activities - Jan. 21
- Plickers (Webinar) - Jan. 26
- SMART Notebook Design (Webinar) - Feb. 9
- TBD (Webinar) - Feb. 16
- TBD (Webinar) - Feb. 23
- Last Chance Technology Hours - Feb. 28 - will be hosting 4 webinars on this Saturday. This will be the last technology workshop that we will host that can count towards your 2014-2015 PD hours. Topics will be decided at a later date but you can go ahead and register for the sessions in Eduphoria.
- Online PD through TEQ - if you have not already created an account, you will need to get a group code from Claudio or Tracey. After completing these courses, you will need to "Add a Portfolio Entry" in Eduphoria to get credit.
Adding a Portfolio Entry in Workshop
Outside courses and conferences can be added to your portfolio, enabling you to keep an accurate record of your professional development events and earn credit for attending.
To add an outside entry in your portfolio, select My Portfolio and then click the "Add New Portfolio Entry" button under Portfolio Options at the bottom left of your screen.
This will open the New Portfolio Entry Wizard. Select one of the following entry types:
- Outside workshop or conference
- Request for district professional development level (does not apply to Cedar Hill)
- College course
Follow the steps in the wizard and click the Next button to advance to the next screen.
- Be sure to select YES when asked about receiving District Credit.
- Credit hour types should have been pre-approved by your principal/supervisor before attending outside course or workshop.
- Ignore Associate Goals and click NEXT.
Once you finish entering the information, you will need to notify your
principal to approve it for credit.
Did you know?
- Are available for checkout by completing the e-course in Eduphoria and filling out a Technology Equipment Checkout Form in Formspace.
Doceri - Remote Control Desktop
- Doceri which allows you to control your computer from your iPad is already installed on your classroom computer. Look for it under programs from the start menu. You will need to download the app from the app store if you do not already have it.
Complete your forms in formspace for the challenges you've completed to earn points and earn prizes. We have waived all of the deadlines for the monthly challenges except for the final deadline of May 20 to have all documentation submitted to be eligible for the grand prizes - Trip to TCEA 2016 in Austin or 5 iPads for your classroom.