Ashley High School
News for the Week of 4/3/23
No School Friday, April 7 - Friday, April 14th for Spring Break!
Attendance is Important!
Hygiene Items Needed
AHS PTSA Scholarship
The AHS PTSA is offering a $500 scholarship to an Ashley High School graduating Senior who is also a member of PTSA. It is not too late to join the PTSA as a Student Member and be eligible for this scholarship. Any Seniors interested, please follow this link or QR code to the Memberhub website to join PTSA. (It will say 2020/21, but it is actually the place to join for this school year, 2022/23)
The applications for the scholarship will be at the front desk in Student Services on Monday April 3, 2023. The deadline for returning the completed application and essay to Student Services is Friday April 29, 2023 at 3:45 pm.
We will be offering the ASVAB exam on April 6th at 8:30 a.m. Students must sign up in Student Services if interested. Please contact Tammy Bentley (email@example.com) with any questions.
Graduation time is approaching quickly for Ashley High School seniors. Below are some important senior dates and information. Additional details regarding Graduation Day itself will be shared at a later time.
March 31st: Honor Cord Applications Due
- Honor cord requirements can be found HERE. Only school awarded cords or stoles may be worn at the graduation ceremony per Board Policy 3465. Deadline for any cord applications is 3/31/23.
April 3rd: Final Cap, Gown and Announcement Delivery at school during all lunches
- If you have not ordered your cap and gown, please order it immediately. You can order directly with the vendor, Herff Jones, at www.scherffjones.com. Click HERE for a direct link to the Cap, Gown and Tassel ordering page (scroll to bottom of page). You can also call their office at 864-244-0110 to place your order or if you have any questions.
May 5th: Handicap Seating Applications Due available online HERE
- Handicap seating may be provided for up to 2 tickets per senior and cannot be provided for an entire family. They are not "extra" tickets. We will make every effort to accommodate each and every family.
May 15th: Senior Assembly 10:00-10:25 am
- Seniors will go to the Minnie Evans during Flex for end of year and graduation information.
May 16th - 19th: Senior FLEX Days clearance form during Flex in the media center
- Pay outstanding school, library, and cafeteria fees. Complete information required by Student Services. Additional clearance form signatures will be required later when your school laptop is returned.
May 19th: Senior Walk during first block
- Seniors will parade in their cap and gown through the halls of Murray Middle School, Anderson Elementary, and Ashley High School. Photo booths and thank you cards will be part of the fun. Seniors must have a cap and gown to participate (no tassel since they fall off very easily). Senior class photo will be taken at the beginning so arrive on time.
May 24th: Senior Awards Night at the Minnie Evans 6:00 pm
- Seniors will receive an invitation to Senior Awards Night if they are being recognized.
Laptop Returns in Media Center after 1:00 pm
May 30-31: Laptop Return for students with NO EOC, CTE or Teacher Made Exam
June 1-2, 5-6: Laptop Return for students once they complete ALL of their EOC, CTE or
Teacher Made Exams
- If you have completed all EOC, CTE and teacher made exams, return your school laptop, pay any required fees and complete your clearance form. If students have completed their clearance form and are in good academic / attendance standing, they will receive their 6 graduation tickets. There are absolutely no extra tickets. Graduation ticket information is posted HERE.
Laptop returns are only available after 1:00 pm due to testing in the building.
June 2nd: Senior Sunset at the Ashley Football Stadium 8:00 pm
- Watch the sunset on your senior year with your class.
June 7th: Graduation at the Ashley Football Stadium 7:00 pm
- Detailed information will be provided at a later date. Students will be expected to follow the dress code posted HERE.
Information regarding graduation is shared through:
- Ashley High School weekly newsletter (email)
- The Graduation Bulletin Board across from student services
- The Graduation Webpage
- The media center instagram account ashleyhs_eagles
Student Government Elections for 2023-2024 School Year!
Now is the time to sign up for Student Government Association elections for the 2023-2024 school year. If you are interested in running for any of the offices below, please stop by room 414 or 415 (Ms. Mott or Ms. Kidwell) to discuss the requirements and pick up an application. Applications are available now and are due by April 6th. Elections will be held on Tuesday, April 25th. Be a leader in SGA and help make a difference at AHS.
Elected SGA Offices are as follows:
SGA President (rising senior)
SGA Vice President (rising junior)
SGA Secretary (rising sophomore, junior, or senior)
SGA Treasurer (rising sophomore, junior, or senior)
SGA Communication Director/Historian (Sophomore, junior, or senior)
Senior Class President
Junior Class President
Sophomore Class President
(Freshman Class President will be elected next year.)
FBLA State Leadership Conference
The following Ashley FBLA students traveled to Greensboro on March 23rd-March 25th for the State Leadership Conference: Tye Buie, Marea Bradley, Lily Burton, Nick Canady, Tyler Carter, Chris Crouch, Lauren Edes, Alana Joyner, Drew Piner, Lucas Pollard, and Nate Southerland. They attended workshops, networked with students from around the state, and competed in various events.
Congratulations to all of our finalists!
Tyler Carter and Chris Crouch placed in the top 15 in Marketing.
Laruen Edes placed in the top 10 in Entrepreneurship
Tye Buie and Nick Canady placed 3rd in International Business. Tye and Nick were invited to compete at the National Leadership Conference this summer in Atlanta!
Important Upcoming Dates
4/10 - 4/14 - Spring Break - No School
4/22 - Work on Wilmington Project 8am - 12pm