Social Studies Leadership Meetings
Secondary Educators 2018-19
The purpose of the Social Studies Teacher Leadership Meetings is to continue the development of a diverse group of educators interested in building capacity to collaborate, grow, and lead in order to improve student achievement.
Sounds cliche-like, doesn't it? Well, it might be, but it captures exactly what we are trying to accomplish.
If you attended before, then you know what to expect and also know the latest and greatest will be included, as well as continuing the things from which many of you benefited, like the extended time to collaborate with educators from other districts teaching the same subject.
If you have not attended, then consider what you will receive:
- Q & A Session with Genesee and Lapeer ISD Research, Evaluation, and Assessment Consultant Dr. David Treder
- Latest information on and draft copy of the revised State Social Studies Standards
- Latest information and happenings in Social Studies in MI and across the country
- Access to a Social Studies Resource folder in Google Drive with a plethora of resources
- Hands-on experience with engaging instructional practices which include those related to literacy
- Updates and ideas related to teacher evaluation
- Designated time for research and development with educators who have similar assignments
- Brief lessons on being an effective educational leader
- The opportunity to focus on improving to meet the goals you have set for the year
Lunch is on your own, there is no cost, but pre-registration is required.
Time spent during these meetings is designed to increase clarity of understanding and application of effective Social Studies education so that all students experience high achievement. Seriously, that's what we are going to work toward. :)
What to Bring
- Your own device, but laptops will be available for use
- Your Google account login and password to use, not to share of course :)
- Lunch or money to buy food off campus
- Your PIC Number to fill out forms and earn up to 22 SCECHs