Eagle Eye E-News, January 5-9
Ebinport Elementary Faculty and Staff E-News
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays
Ebinport's Vision Statement
THE WEEK IN REVIEW...
2:30 Rhonda out of building
3:00 Leadership Team Meeting
4:00 Yoga: Please consider making this part of your New Years Resolution
Re-scheduling Our Dr. Pew Visit
Although report cards do not go home until January 23rd (grades due January 16th by 1:00), teachers may enter information now. All teachers need to take note of the bullet points below.
- K-2 teachers continue using F1. Teachers DO NOT click the submit button (where you see green check). Enter F and P and Instructional Level.
- 3-5 teachers MUST change to Q2, enter F&P levels, and Instructional Level. Teachers WILL click the submit button (where you see green check).
All students in grades 3-5 will be taking the ACT Aspire state assessment test.
- Students will take writing, English, reading, and math
- Administered in paper/pencil format only during spring 2015
- Timed tests (significant change for SC students)
- Writing - 1 item - 30 minutes
English - 32 items - 30 minutes Reading - 31 items - 60 minutes Math - 31 items - 55 minutes
- Testing Dates: April 28-30th, 2015
- Third grade will be the only grade level taking science on May 1
Technology Meeting Notes from Dec. 9
December 9th, 2014 – 3:00pm
Melinda Reid Eirik Shevy *Chris Odom Ms. Guo Daphney Wells
Kellie VanderMolen Mrs. Garces Sandra Gonzalez Stacy Bailey
Repeated our guidelines
* Start on time
* Stay on task
* Continue goal setting
* We will delegate work that needs to be completed
1. Promethean Board Training: A lot of people signed up but we only had 5 people show up to each session. We will try to do another class on a Tuesday instead. Chris will continue to conduct Promethean board training into the spring if we are interested. (Send out an email to remind teachers regarding Promethean board training on Thursday.)
2. ExamView Training: Thursday, January 22nd, Chris Odom come and talk about ExamView. Send out an email to teachers inviting them to come. 3pm in the media center.
3. SuccessMaker: Stacy Bailey received an update that it will only be used by Title 1 schools only. Kindergarten is using abcya.com and Star Fall.
4. Typing program update: Looking up apps that would work with the ipads to assist 3rd-5th.
Typing programs being looked into for K-2nd.
http://www.learninggamesforkids.com/keyboarding_games/typing-factory.html http://www.funtotype.com http://annrymer.com/keyseeker/
5. Keyboards: Kellie will double count the amount of keyboards at Ebinport and see how many we may need to have one for each ipad. Bluetooth keyboards on Amazon range from $20-25 per. Look into writing a foundation grant to purchase keyboards.
Please join Chris Odom on January 22 at 3:00 on the media center for ExamView training. He will be teaching us how to navigate this software and how to use it to create common assessments.
Thank you to technology committee for initiating this training!
The library is located at 419 East Main Street.
I will continue to explore options we may have to get more books into our classroom libraries where they are needed. If you have additional needs please let me know!