North Pole Middle School
Principal's Update - October 5, 2021
October 4th - October 8th Schedule
Hello Parents and Families
The end of the first quarter is rapidly approaching and will be here on October 15th. That Friday is an early release day with students being dismissed at 12:50 p.m. The second quarter will begin on October 18th with nearly all students receiving new related arts classes such as PE/Health, art, computers etc. Your student will pick up their quarter two schedule in the cafeteria the morning of the 18th, or they can access their schedule on-line through PowerSchool.
Richard Smith, Principal
Our next meeting for our PTSO will take place on October 12th at 5:30 p.m. in our library. We'll be discussing fundraising and communication tools at this time in addition to other items that may come up. We look forward to continued participation and new faces.
Where to find bus and daily schedule info
Parent Teacher Conferences
After School Homework Help
School Start Times and Availability
Our new school start and end times for students are 7:50 a.m. to 2:20 p.m.
Students can be dropped off in the morning at 7:00 a.m. at which time doors will be opened.
Students should plan on leaving the school by 2:35 p.m. unless they are in an after school activity sponsored by school staff.
Morning Drop Off & Afternoon Pickup
A bus deviation is a request for your student to ride a bus that they aren't registered for already and that they don't usually ride.
A few helpful hints on how to request a bus deviation:
- It MUST be requested in writing via notes, email (email@example.com) or fax to 907-488-9213. Students may NOT write their own notes.
- If you send one by email, you will get a reply saying we received it. If you don’t get a reply please call 488-2271. Bus deviations must be submitted by 1:00 p.m. If it is an early release day bus deviations must be submitted by 11:30 a.m. If you submit an email after 11:00 a.m., please call to confirm receipt.
-Your request needs to have the following information on it:
- Your student's name
- Bus number (route) and the name of the street it stops at (if you don't know this, you can call the transportation office at 907-452-2000 and select option 4)
- How long the deviation is good for (just that day or for the whole school year as needed)
- Parent's name and contact information
- Our fax number is:(907)488-9213
- Email requests to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the button below to find information on:
- Operational Guidelines
- Mitigation Procedures
- Wellness Checks for Students and staff
Activities and Clubs
Click the button below to get information on our current athletics and clubs in addition to scheduled competitions and meetings dates.
Student of the Week!
Students are nominated weekly by selected teachers for upholding one or more of our S.H.I.E.L.D characteristics around the school. S.H.I.E.L.D stands for Scholarship, Helpfulness, Integrity, Engagement, Leadership and Determination. Congratulations to the below mentioned students for the success in one of these areas.
September 20th - 24th
- Sarah Chin nominated by Mr. Dorrel
- Amarah States nominated by Ms. Ford
- Logan Brooks nominated by Ms. Mueller
- Timae Krebsback nominated by Mr. Frymark
September 27th - October 1st
- Emma Wolcott nominated by Ms. States
- Landon Paolino nominated by Mr. Hull
- Dan Yatlin nominated by Mr. Gryga
- Gerald Rice nominated by Ms. Ruckhaus
- Rhiannon Buresch nominated by Ms. Blickle
- Peyton Hacker nominated by Mr. Johnson
- Zoee Urban nominated by Ms. Golat
Reminder that both breakfast and lunches are free for ALL STUDENTS for the 2021-2022 school year, no paperwork and no strings attached. The link for our Nutrition Services Department is here, https://www.k12northstar.org/nutrition if you would like more information.
Any “a-la-cart” items that the cafeteria may sell will be sold to students and that money will come out of their lunch account. Information about the cost of items can be found below. This link, https://k12northstar.nutrislice.com/menu/menus-eula will take you to a list of all schools in the district so you can see each schools’ breakfast and lunch menu if you are interested.