Belonging, Learning and Growing Together.
The Pelican Brief
General Information and Upcoming Events
- Welcome back everyone. Hope you enjoyed spending time with your child during the holidays. We look forward to another busy term!
- Dates for your diaries: Week 3- Kindergarten Open Night, Thursday 9th August. Athletics Carnival coming up.
- Please make sure you have enrolled your child for Banksmeadow school next year, as information packs will be sent out shortly. We have enrolment forms here for you if required.
Outcome 1: Children have a strong sense of identity
- Children have a strong sense of identity.
- Children feel safe, secure, and supported
- Children develop their emerging autonomy, inter-dependence, resilience and sense of agency
- Children develop knowledgeable and confident self- identities
- Children learn to interact in relation to others with care, empathy and respect
Outcome 2: Children are connected with and contribute to their world
Children develop a sense of belonging to groups and communities and an understanding of the reciprocal rights and responsibilities necessary for active community participation
Children respond to diversity with respect
Children become aware of fairness
Children become socially responsible and show respect for the environment
New Class Pets!
Outcome 3: Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
Children become strong in their social and emotional wellbeing
Children take increasing responsibility for their own health and physical wellbeing
Singing and Percussion
Outcome 5: Children are effective communicators
Children interact verbally and non-verbally with others for a range of purposes
Children engage with a range of texts and gain meaning from these texts
Children express ideas and make meaning using a range of media
Children begin to understand how symbols and pattern systems work
Children use information and communication technologies to access information. Investigate ideas and represent their thinking