HFRCS Newsletter SY2021-2022
February 22, 2022 - Vol.1 Issue 27
From the Principal's Office
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Happy Twosday! Today we celebrated the unusual date, 2.22.22 with a special dress down and a fun activity with cereal boxes! Thank you for your support as all cereal will be donated to Martha’s Cupboard. Check our Facebook page for pictures of today’s Twosday fun!
While our school is currently operating on a “mask optional” status, it is very important to note that masks are still required on school district buses. This is a federal order, and not part of our school mask policy. Students who do not wear a mask on district school buses will not be permitted to ride the bus. Please ensure that your child has a mask to wear while riding school district buses.
Next week, we will begin preparing for our Terra Nova testing for grades 2-7. Testing officially begins on Friday, March 4, and continues into the following week. It is very important that students are present for testing each morning and that they get a good night’s sleep and eat a nourishing breakfast. Help your child to do their best by having them prepared for Terra Nova testing.
Also, next week we will begin the penitential season of Lent. We will begin this most sacred season with Mass on Ash Wednesday, March 2 at 10:00. Celebrating this liturgy will be Father John Weber, the newly appointed Pastor at Queen of the Universe. Ashes will be imposed during the liturgy. Please join us if your schedule permits.
Sincerely Yours in Christ,
We Need More Cereal Boxes!
Please consider sending in another box or two for the full run of this fun activity on Friday, February 25th. All cereal will be donated to Martha's Cupboard afterwards. Thank you for your support.
Holy Family's Got Talent
Auditions will be held on Tuesday, March 8th and Wednesday, March 9th from 3:00-4:30 pm at the Music Room. Performers will be dismissed at 4:30 pm.
We are excited to see our 5th-8th Graders showcase their talents!
Masks Required in School Buses
Please make sure your child has a mask to wear in the bus to comply to the Federal mandate.
Reference: Health & Safety Plan, page 3
Message from the Nurse's Office
- Medication will be administered to students only when failure to take the medication will jeopardize the health of the student, or the student would not be able to attend school if it is not administered.
- Prescription medication must be sent in the original pharmaceutical container and accompanied by a physician’s order to take the medication during the school day.
- Over-the-counter medications, which are not listed on the student’s emergency card, will not be administered unless they are in their original container and accompanied by a physician’s order to take the medication during school hours.
- If a child is to self-administer a medication during the school day, for example, an inhaler, written permission from the child’s physician is necessary.
- All medicines, prescription or over-the-counter, must be brought to school by the parent/guardian and not sent to school with the student or they will not be administered. This includes such things as Tylenol, cough drops, Tums, etc. The nurse has the responsibility of administering all medications.
Reference: Family Handbook, pages 29-30
Please keep your child at home:
- If your child is symptomatic
- On the day your child is scheduled for a COVID-19 test
- If your child is awaiting results of a COVID-19 test
- If your child tested positive for COVID-19 AND until the required isolation period is completed
Included is the guideline from the CDC / US Department of Health and Human Services that is followed by the school for COVID-19 positive and exposure cases. If you are uncertain how to proceed or have any questions, please contact Mrs. McKnight.
Contact: Mrs. Barbara McKnight, School Nurse
email@example.com, 215-269-9600 x207
Lost & Found
Violets are blue,
New items were added,
They're multiplying in 2s!
We have 2 lunch boxes, 2 HFRCS sweaters, 2 water bottles, 2, coats, 2 dress-down shirts, and gloves missing their pair, etc. Please label all of your child's belongings so items can be returned when found.
Any items left at the end of this month will be donated or discarded.
March 1 - Holy Family's Got Talent Application Form, last day to submit to Mr. Walzer
March 2 - Ash Wednesday Mass @ 10:00 am
March 4, 7-10 - Terra Nova*
March 6 - Open House @ 11:00-1:00 pm
March 8, 9 - Holy Family's Got Talent Auditions (5th-8th Graders only) 3:00-4:30 pm
March 11 - Terra Nova Makeup, End of 2nd Trimester
March 14 - 3rd Trimester Begins
March 15 - Reconciliation (Grades 3-8) @ 1:00 pm
March 17 - Student Council $1 Dress Down Day (wear green)
March 18 - Report Cards
*The Terra Nova Test is administered to students in Grades 2-7. Please mark your calendars and plan for your child(ren) to be in school during this period.
From the Enrollment Office
Don't forget to save the date for our rescheduled Open House! From 11:00-1:00 pm on Sunday March 6th, our doors will be open to current and prospective families as well as parishioners and friends of the school. Come and speak with current faculty members, see the incredible work of our students, and enjoy some light refreshments as we take pride in our school community.
For families who do not plan on returning to Holy Family next school year, we kindly ask that you complete an opt-out form at your convenience before March 1st. If there is anything we can do to address the reason(s) you are considering leaving, please let us know right away. We hope to have all of our families return next year and encourage those who are considering other options to get in touch with us!
Mr. Jim Downey, Enrollment Director
firstname.lastname@example.org 215-269-9600 x209
***** HOME & SCHOOL NEWS *****
2nd Annual Pizza Crawl - Arianna's Today (All Day)!
Please join Home & School as we support some local pizza shops, while raising money for the school. All shops are donating a percentage of sales, to our school, on the date listed in the flyer. You MUST mention HOLY FAMILY at the time of placing your order. You can either show them a paper flyer or a digital flyer. Also, be sure to share the news with friends and family!
Today, Tuesday, February 22 at Arianna's Pizza (all day), 230 Levittown Parkway!
Holy Family at The Rink - Thank You!
Thank you to those who came out and supported our first Skate Night at The Rink. We had an awesome turnout. It was a successful fun evening and it was great seeing a lot of smiling faces.
H&S Upcoming Events
- February 22: Pizza Palooza at Arianna's Pizza (All Day)
- February 23: Gertrude Hawk Chocolates orders due
- March 1 to March 25: Fritz's Sticky Bun voucher sale. Vouchers will be distributed the first week of April
- March 2: Pizza Palooza at Salvatore's Cucina (4:00-9:00 pm)
- March 15: Chick-Fil-A Fundraiser (All Day)
For any questions regarding Home & School events, please reach out to the H&S Leadership Team.
***** PARISH NEWS *****
Queen of the Universe
Rev. John R. Weber, Pastor
Rev. Cesar J. Izzaguire, Parochial Vicar
Sunday Mass Schedule:
4:00 pm (Vigil Mass), 7:30 am, 9:30 am, 11:30 am, 1:00 pm La Misa en Español
Weekday Daily Mass:
8:30 am - Tuesday through Friday
Holy Days: (subject to change)
5:00 PM (Vigil), 8:30 AM, Noon, & 7:00 PM
The Sacrament of Reconciliation:
Thursday: 6:45 pm - 7:30 pm, Saturdays: 3:00 pm - 3:45 pm
The Sacrament of Baptism:
1st and 3rd Saturdays, at 11:00 am
St. Frances Cabrini
Msgr. Magee, Weekend Assistant
- Monday-Saturday: 9:30 am
- Saturday Vigil: 5:30 pm
- Sunday: 7:00 am, 9:00 am, 11:00 am
Included is this week's winnings. Next week's jackpot prize is $14,000.
March 5th, from 7:00 pm (doors open at 6:00 pm)
St. Frances Cabrini Monsignor Woods Hall/Gymnasium
10 Games of Cash Bingo, Raffle Baskets, Door Prizes, and 50/50 Drawing
Tickets are available at the Rectory or call 215-946-4040 for more information
See attached flyer for details.
See attached flyer for details.