Ocean Bay Elementary School - October 4, 2021
Dates to Remember
- Monday, October 4-8 - Scholastic Book Fair
- Wednesday, October 6 - School Picture Day - Grades 2-3 and make-up Picture Day for CD-1st
- Thursday, October 7 - School Picture Day - Grades 4-5
- Friday, October 8 - World Series Begins! Wear your favorite baseball team jersey or shirt.
- Friday, October 8 - National School Sneaker Day is October 9th. Let's celebrate early by wearing sneakers to school on Friday!
- Monday, October 11 - School Closed
- Tuesday, October 12 - School Closed, Teacher Work Day
- Wednesday, October 20 - Unity Day, wear orange.
- Monday, October 25 - Red Ribbon Week: Wear mismatched, mixed-up clothes
- Tuesday, October 26 - Red Ribbon Week: Wear a jersey or shirt representing your favorite team
- Wednesday, October 27 - Red Ribbon Week: Bring in items to donate to Grand Strand Humane Society
- Thursday, October 28 - 1st Quarter Report Cards Available
- Thursday, October 28 - Red Ribbon Week: Wear camouflage or dress as your future career
- Friday, October 29 - Red Ribbon Week: Wear bright colors
- Wednesday, November 3 - Make-up picture day
Breakfast is Served!
- Breakfast is served from 7:00 a.m. until 7:20 a.m. in the cafeteria. Students must enter the cafeteria no later than 7:20 a.m. This ensures they have adequate time to eat and be ready for instruction to begin by the time the tardy bell rings.
Lunch Menu - October 4- October 15
Menu Subject to Change Daily Due to Delivery Issues
Breakfast- Pumpkin Bread, Peaches, Juice, milk
Lunch- Spaghetti or Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Green Beans, Fruit, milk
Breakfast-Honey Bun, Apple, Juice, milk
Lunch- Beef Taco (Soft) or Corn Dog, Pinto Beans, Fruit, milk
Breakfast-Apple Frudel, Raisins, Juice, milk
Lunch- Popcorn Chicken or Yogurt, Broccoli, Fruit, milk
Breakfast-French Toast, Banana, Juice, milk
Lunch- Smoked Sausage (Pork), Mac-N-Cheese or Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Roasted Carrots, Fruit, milk
Breakfast- Cini Mini, Apple, Juice, milk
Lunch- Pizza or Meatloaf, Corn, Fruit, milk
Breakfast- Chicken Biscuit, Raisins, Juice, Milk
Lunch- Oriental Chicken Bowl or Ham Sandwich, Green Beans, Fruit, milk
Breakfast- Muffin, Cheese Stick, Apple, Juice, milk
Lunch- Chicken Bog (Pork), Roll or Yogurt, Pinto Beans, Fruit, milk
Breakfast- Pancake Pup, Fruit Snack, Juice, milk
Lunch- Pizza or Turkey Chef Salad, Broccoli, Fruit, Milk
Scholastic Book Fair - October 4th-October 8th
The Book Fair is back!
Parents and family members are welcome to shop in person at any time during book fair hours. Feel free to park in our visitor lot or over at the ball fields and walk over. Please note that at this time, shoppers are only allowed in the Media Center. All students scheduled book fair time is during their Library special that week. For those classes that do not have Library, they will come down during their Digital Arts special. Homeroom teachers have been sent an additional schedule of when students are allowed to come down to shop throughout the day outside of their scheduled times.
* Because our Book Fair is sponsored by our OBE PTO, all purchases will be Tax Free. Scholastic Book Fair accepts cash, checks made out to the OBE PTO, credit/debit cards and also offers a cash-free payment option called eWallet. It’s a convenient digital account that your child can use for shopping at our Fair. Grandparents, friends, and others can contribute, too!
If you can’t make it to the Fair, then shop online at our school’s Virtual Book Fair. All orders ship directly to your home, and shipping is free for book orders over $25. Your online orders will also benefit our school.
Visit our Book Fair homepage to learn more and get started with eWallet and online shopping:
Red Ribbon Week Events October 25-29
Tuesday, October 26 - "Team Up Against Drugs" - Wear a jersey or shirt representing your favorite team.
Wednesday, October 27 - "Keeping Our Paws Off Drugs" - Bring in items to donate to Grand Strand Humane Society
Thursday, October 28 - "Be All You Can Be" - Wear camouflage or dress as your future career
Friday, October 29 - "I'm Too Bright For Drugs" - Wear bright colors