Bits & Bytes-Tech In Ten
Curated Tools and Resources for our K-12 Teachers and Staff
This issue is just for Cedarbrook staff and will address the following:
- Data backup
- Google tips
- Chromebook introduction
Don't Leave Without Your Data!
- Don't leave files on the hard drive of your current desktop
- Delete all old files and clean off your desktop, just drag to the trash bin
- Organize your data just like paper, create folders and use file names that make sense
- Use the "Z" drive whenever possible instead of the local hard drive, click here for instructions
- Take advantage of your Google drive and upload files to this online storage, all employees have 30 gigabytes of storage. Click here for instructions !
- Use other online storage sites such as Dropbox, Box, or Evernote
- Don't forget about backing up your favorites too, consider using an online tool such as Diigo, Delicious, Symbaloo, Livebinders, or Google Bookmarks.
Google Apps Resources
Getting to know your Chromebook
Looks like a laptop, feels like a laptop but…
Chromebooks are a new type of computer designed to help you get things done faster and easier. They run Chrome OS, an operating system that has multiple layers of security, cloud storage, and the most popular Google products built-in.
The Chromebooks that will be distributed are the latest model Acer C720's. They boot up in about 9 seconds and have an 8 1/2 hour battery life. No we are not kidding !!!!
Click here for a great Google Site that will give you all the information that you need to know about Chromebooks !