Welcome to The Library!
@ Forest Road School
Meet Mrs. Joo, the Library Media Specialist
The library program has some exciting opportunities in store for your child this year:
- Our program will be promoting the very best of children’s literature to your child with activities designed to help students enjoy the stories even more.
- We are doing our very best to get (or keep) your children “hooked on reading” by recommending specific reading materials to each individual.
- We recently added over 200 new titles this year of the latest and most exciting new books for young readers, including quality non-fiction to help meet the Common Core requirements.
- At each grade level, students will be learning research and computer skills specifically suited to their developmental needs.
- We will be working with classroom teachers to help them find materials especially suited to the individual interests and abilities of your child.
- Library lessons will stress good Digital Citizenship, helping your child make safe and ethical decisions when using the Internet.
- We have a lot of special events being planned, including the spelling bee.
Our staff is ready and excited about this coming year and is committed to making the library your child’s favorite place in the school!
From Mrs. Joo
Library Media Specialist
Meet the Teacher Night 2015
Thursday, Sep. 10th, 7:15-8:45pm
16 Forest Road
Valley Stream, NY
Parents are welcome to meet Mrs. Joo from 7:15-7:50 PM and 8:10-8:45 PM in the library.
At the General Meeting, all staff members will be introduced from 7:50 to 8:10 PM by Ms. Malone and Ms. Lewner in the gym.