Message from Mission Control
* The new color printer is up and running (YAY!) and is set up in the copy room! Hopefully everyone has access to the printer and has been able to print with no hiccups! Please let us know if you are not able to print, and we will make sure it's taken care of.
* Please make every effort to attend and volunteer at our Fall Festival next Thursday! This is our biggest event of the year, and the PTA needs as many volunteers as possible!
* I am excited to see the PDSA boards up and visible! Remember, the goal is to have students involved in this. It's not simply a "compliance piece." There is no right or wrong way... as long as it's utilized and kids are involved, that is our goal!
* We will be creating a PDSA board for attendance in the main hallway. This will track our attendance for each 6 weeks and allow the students to see our progress as we work towards our goal!
* Shout out to everyone for raising money for our coin drive! We earned $700 from our school alone! The winning class was Mrs. Stowe's class!! They have earned a popcorn party!
* Our book studies are continuing and off to a great start. Please make sure to contribute to the book study discussion (whether it be via online or in person meetings). I have heard great feedback from the readings, and I'm looking forward to listening to everyone's thoughts about the books.
* Parent/Teacher conferences are just around the corner. Now is the time to start scheduling those conferences, in order to have time to get them all in. Remember, we have early release on that Friday, November 10th for conferences. Please let us know if you will be staying later than 5:00 on any of the days that week (or any week) so that we can arrange for a door to be open for parents arriving. We will plan to have doors remain open until at least 4:30, but we will keep it open longer if you have meetings planned. Please do not plan to stay after dark.
This year, we will be implementing our GE life principles during announcements, as well as having the opportunity for kids to respond using the white interactive papers in the hallway (formerly used for vocabulary).
Each life principle will be talked about during a 1 week period. You will be getting the schedule sent this week, and it will also be posted on the One Note staff portal. We will discuss on announcements, and students will have the opportunity to write (or draw) how they show this life principle. For example, the first one is self discipline. They can write on the paper how they show or can use self discipline. This will require thinking and application... so it brings in the higher levels. We will talk about the expectations of how this will be used on the announcements, so the students are familiar with what is acceptable.
Just as the vocabulary has been done in the past, the life principles will remain posted on the wall, so that the students can see them and refer back to them. The Elk of the Month will be chosen based on the life principles that have been discussed for the month. Each student chosen will not have to demonstrate ALL of the life principles, but one or more.
This week, our life principle is:
Sincerity- honesty of mind, freedom from hypocrisy
DATES TO REMEMBER
Friday, October 13th:
Fire Truck Visit (K-2) 9:00-11:00
Thursday, October 19th:
PTA Fall Festival 5:30-8:00 PM (volunteers needed)
Red Ribbon Week!
Thursday, October 26th:
Kori off campus in AM for Principal Meeting
Bobby off campus in PM for AP meeting
2nd Grade Field Trip- Zoo
Friday, October 27th:
Kick off assembly for PTA Big Kahuna Fundraiser @ 8:00 am
Clubs Today (follow Clubs schedule)
Wednesday, November 1st:
Literacy Council Meeting- AM
Math Council Meeting- PM
Thursday, November 2nd:
Kori off campus at meeting
Monday, November 6th:
Staff Meeting; (Forrester's Financial & ARD Training)
Thursday, November 9th:
Friday, November 10th:
Early Release at 11:40 (parent/teacher conferences)