Upper Dublin in Review...
Legislative Meeting Briefs - November 2020
UDSD Board of School Directors
Ms. Amy Francek, President; Dr. Darlene Davis, Vice President
Mr. Michael Henderson, Ms. Jennifer Iannitti, Dr. Art Levinowitz,
Mr. Stanley Ropski, Ms. Titia Scherpbier, Mr. Mark Sirota, Mr. Jeffrey Wallack
President's Welcome and Reports to the Board of School Directors
- President's Welcome - Ms. Francek welcomed everyone to the meeting.
- Student Government Association Report - Daniel Caplan reported on various happenings at the high school.
- Superintendent's Report - Dr. Yanni presented his monthly Superintendent's Report. Click here to read the full report.
- Attestation for returning to in-person instruction
Recommended Action Items for Approval
Education Committee Recommendations
- Curriculum - The Board approved conferences.
Finance Committee Recommendations (includes Operations and Transportation)
- Routine Matters - The Board approved routine matters such as the review of the Treasurer's Report, the list of bill payments, budgetary transfers, settlement stipulations for tax assessments, a change order from Skepton Construction, and disposal of obsolete equipment.
- Other Matters - The Board approved a parameters resolution for General Obligation Bonds 2021, 2021-2022 Contract with Sweet, Stevens, Katz & Williams for Special Education legal matters, agreement with US Enrollment Services for health benefits administration and enrollment services, and donations of baby grand piano and two microscopes.
Personnel Committee Recommendations
- Routine Matters - The Board approved the personnel report, inclusive of appointments, retirements and resignations, leaves of absence, changes of status, and extracurriculars.
- Other Matters - The Board also approved a Memorandum of Understanding with UDESPA for library assistants returning to full time status to assist with lunch, recess, and arrival/dismissal duties.
Policy Committee Recommendations
The Board approved second readings of the following policies:
- Immunizations and Communicable Diseases (203)
- Health Examinations (209)
- Telework (310)
- Physical Examinations (314)
Other Business and Reports
- Liaison Committee Reports - Reports from Montgomery County Intermediate Unit, Montgomery County Legislative Committee, Eastern Center for Arts & Technology, Equity and Empowerment Steering Committee, Educational Advisory Committee, Pennsylvania School Boards Association, Upper Dublin Township, and Upper Dublin Education Foundation.
- Solicitor's Report - Mr. Diasio reported that the Board met in Executive session prior to the Legislative Meeting to discuss personnel matters and litigation.
Community Input and Follow-Up Comments
- proposed bus garage
- food service