January Dates to Remember
12/20-1/3 - RBM STEM/CCS Closed to the Public
12/23-1/3 - Winter Break
1/4 - CCS Parent Surveys Due
1/7-1/31 - iReady Mid-Year Diagnostic Assessment
1/7 - 5th Grade Science Benchmark #2
1/10 - 3rd-5th Grade Reading/ELA Benchmark #2
1/10 -2/1 - Amplify Mid-Year Assessments
1/10 - PTO Meeting 3:15pm via Microsoft Teams
1/12 - 3rd-5th Grade Math Benchmark #2
1/14 - End of Grade Period/Quarter 2
1/17 - CCS Holiday
1/18 - Optional Teacher Workday
1/21 - PTO Staff Birthday Treats
1/24 - SIT (School Improvement Team) Meeting 3:15pm in the Media Center
1/27 - Class/Group Picture Day
1/28 - 2nd Quarter PBIS Celebrations
Farewell and Best Wishes
- Ms. Terran Ivey (4th/5th grade science teacher) will be taking a position outside education in the private sector. Terran's last day at R. Brown was Friday, December 31st.
- We have submitted hiring sheets for three new tutors! More information will be shared at MTSS PLCs this week! Introductions will be shared as soon as the hiring process is finalized!
- Ms. Lindsey Alpaugh has joined us a our part time EC teacher (split with Bethel Elementary) and began serving students for half days each on Wednesday, December 8th. Lindsey graduated from York College, has a masters from UNCC in Child and Family Development and is completing her masters in special education from Phifer University. She has previously worked at Mary Francis Wall and most recently taught at Socrates Academy in Matthews, NC.
- Ms. Kirsten Maley has joined us as our part time music teacher (split with Beverly Hills Elementary) and started at RBM STEM on Monday, December 13th. Kirsten graduated from Appalachian University with a degree in Choral Music Education and student taught at Cox Mill High School.
- Please join us in welcoming our new teacher assistant, Staci Chandler. Ms. Chandler will joined us on Monday, December 20th. She attended Southern New Hampshire University for Human Services. She comes to us with a background in social work and family support.
- Please join us in welcoming our new COVID support, Melissa Saez. Ms. Saez will join us on Tuesday, January 4th. She comes to us with experience supporting students schools in a variety of capacities. Ms. Saez has her degree in Business Administration from UNC Charlotte. She is bilingual and served as a teacher in CMS previously.
- Please join us in welcoming our new tutor, Alicia Strein. Ms. Strein will join us on Wednesday, January 5th. She has her degree in Early Childhood Education from UNC Chapel Hill and her masters for Speech Language Pathology from East Carolina University. She worked most recently as a SLP from Mary Frances Wall.
- Please join us in welcoming our new tutor, Michelle Carlson Ms. Carlson will join us on Tuesday, January 4th. She has her degree in K-8 Education from Concord University, WV and her masters in Reading Education from UNC Charlotte. She worked most recently as a teacher at Harrisburg Elementary.
- Please join us in welcoming our new tutor, Sarah Vere. Ms. Vere will join us on Tuesday, January 4th. She has her degree in Elementary Education from Champlain College, VT. She worked most recently as a head teacher in Massachusetts.
Canvas and Quarantine Support
Assignments with Due Dates
Quarantined Student Support: For instructional/technology support while quarantined a point person will be available for office hours at each grade level one day per week (see chart below).
Please use the links below for additional information:
My student forgot their device at home:
- Teachers may choose to let students borrow a device or ask students to work offline.
- Borrowed devices should remain at school and in the classroom.
- Families, please remember the importance of sending a charged Chromebook to school daily.
My student’s Chromebook is damaged:
- Please notify your child's teacher of the damage so that he/she can submit a technology work-order and share any applicable repair/replacement costs.
STEM Coach's Corner Newsletter
November 29- December 3 - STEM Focus Week
January 11-14 - CCS Science Fair Showcase-(virtual)
February 21 - STEMersion 1:30-3:30
February 22-25 - STEM-Focused Week and Engineering Week
February 28th - Family Code Night (virtual)
Flight Contest Winners!
Community Support and Resources
Support: A list of outside resources and agencies to support families has been compiled by the Cabarrus County Schools School Social Workers. The list includes resources for food, internet, medical, housing, mental health, childcare, unemployment information and more. You can access all of this information here. Additionally, the Cabarrus County School Social Work Department has created a Facebook (and Facebook for Spanish-speaking families and Instagram page. They will be posting community events, resources, and more! Their hope for these accounts is to provide useful information for parents, staff, and the community.
RBM PTO has been very busy this past year, between Mid-Month Motivators, teachers lunches, Read-a-Thon, monthly birthdays, Spirit Nights and Money and Munchies, we seem to have something going on all the time. The 2022 calendar looks just as full. Events and activities that are not possible without the support of a great team, a team that is looking for more support. Your time and talents are very valuable and needed for this upcoming year. Please consider how you can help. We can use any and all help that you would be willing to give, as simple as picking up lunches for teachers on Fridays, maintaining the Facebook and Twitter accounts, to helping to organize volunteers for upcoming special events. For more information on how you can get involved, please let us know at RBMcAllister.PTO@gmail.com.
Box Tops ID# 129791
Harris Teeter ID#1832
Lowe’s Food ID#60373
Online Spirit Store
The PTO is always in the need of your help, from volunteering at events or even helping on the board. Your help would be greatly appreciated. For more information email us at email@example.com.
Bobcat Employee of the Month
Congratulations to our Bobcats Employee of the Month Winners:
- August-Mr. Smith (media specialist)
- September-Mrs. Cabaniss (STEM facilitator)
- October-Mrs. Edwards (2nd grade teacher)
- November-Ms. Grasty (3rd grade teacher)
- December-Teacher Assistants (Ms. Austin, Ms. Burchfield, Ms. McBride, and Ms. Strubeck)
CCS/RBM STEM Parent Survey
*Responses are 100% confidential!