This Week at Windsor...
August, 19th 2022
We had a fantastic first few days back at Windsor this week, it has been a great start to the new school year! The Windsor staff has truly enjoyed meeting and getting to know your children and we are excited about all of the learning that will take place over the next ten months. Thank you for all of the work you’ve done at home to prepare your child for school. The children came prepared and ready to learn, resulting from your efforts at home!
Breakfast service begins on Monday. Please see details below.
- Students are not permitted to play on the playground prior to school.
- There is no supervision prior to 8:50am, please do not drop children off prior to 8:50am.
- There are no pets allowed on school property during school hours, we have students with allergies and/or fear of animals. For the safety of all students, please do not bring pets to arrival/dismissal.
We greatly appreciate your cooperation with all of the above important procedures.
Have a wonderful wildcat weekend,
Mrs. Anastacio and Mrs. Soprano
Important upcoming events:
Thursday, September 1st- Curriculum Night
6:30-7:00- Intermediate (3-5), Angelus, Palmer, Higgins
7:00-7:10- Transition7:10-7:40- Primary (AM/PM K - 2) Keough, Rabinowitz, Blau, Stodola
Tuesday, September 6th- PTA Meeting -- 7:00PM Windsor LMC
Breakfast Available at school starting Monday, August 22nd
Breakfast is offered at your school this year! The cost of breakfast is $1.75. If you qualify for
the free/reduced price meal program, you receive breakfast for free or a reduced price of $.30.
Students can enter the main doors starting at 8:45 am and grab breakfast from the breakfast
cart. Students will sit in the cafeteria to eat. Breakfast is open until 9 am. You can view the
breakfast menu by downloading the Choosi App below or by visiting the Menu page of our
district website (https://www.sd25.org/Page/1185)
Drop and Go:
If you live west of Windsor Drive or have children in the Instructional programs, please use our front driveway to drop off and pick up your children. If you live east of Windsor Drive please use Windsor Drive to drop off and pick up your children. Our staff cannot assist your children in getting out of your vehicle so please have them ready to exit the car with backpacks and other belongings ready to go.
Additional information for both Drop Off and Pick up zones:
*Parents must follow the staff members direction and pull up to the front of the line.
*Do not pass cars in front of you.
*Parents must NOT GET OUT OF THE CAR.
*Parents who are dropping off their children for Instructional programs please pull up to the front of the line.
You will not be able to go into the “Miner Parking Lot” in the morning as we will block it off so our students can walk to the sidewalk safely.
Entering and Leaving School: Please read carefully
- Students who will be dropped off in our front parking lot will enter through Door #15.
- Instructional Students will enter through the Main Entrance.
- Students who get dropped off on Windsor Drive will enter through Door #5- by the bicycle racks or Door #11.
- Students who walk to school or ride their bicycles will enter through Door #5. We will have staff supervision at these doors and in the hallways until the bell rings to enter the classrooms.
- Just a reminder that PM Kindergarteners need to be supervised by an adult until they enter the building for school.
- Morning Kindergarten students will exit the doors of their classrooms.
- Afternoon Kindergarten will exit through the main entrance of Windsor Drive.
- Fourth and Fifth-grade students who live east of Windsor will exit door #11 if they are walking or getting picked up on Windsor Drive. Fourth and fifth-grade students who live west of Windsor will exit door #15 if they are walking or being picked up by the circle drive.
- Students in grades 1,2 and 3 who live east of Windsor will exit the bicycle rack door- Door #5 if they are walking or being picked up on Windsor Drive. Students in grades 1,2 and 3 who live west of Windsor will exit door #15 if they are walking or being picked up by the circle drive.
*Please discuss these procedures with your child so they know which door to enter or exit prior to the first day of school. Your child's teacher will not know if you live east or west of the school.
**We will not have staff supervising students on the playground anytime before school starts. Please do not drop off your child early to play on the playground. We would prefer if our students did not play on the playground before school. We will open doors for student entrance at 8:55.