Davis/Martin Weekly Update
February 22 - February 26
This Thursday, February 25th, UHI will be hosting a Night of the Arts. Parents and community members are invited to come see a variety of student projects, as well as enjoy a nacho dinner and silent auction. Please join us between 5:30 and 7:00 p.m. for this fantastic event.
Mrs. Davis & Mrs. Martin
IN READING & SOCIAL STUDIES:
- Reading/Writing: Students will learn the structure of opinion-based writing. They will learn how to closely read and respond to this type of writing. Students will continue working on identifying main ideas in what they read.
- Week 19 Vocabulary: brawny, curfew, radiate, prosperous
- Social Studies: Unit 4: The Revolutionary War - Chapter 8: The Colonies Unite + analyzing primary sources from this time period
IN MATH & SCIENCE:
- Science: We are starting our Light Unit. We will learn about color, review, and have a test on Friday.
- Math: We are focusing on multiplying decimals, shift patterns, properties, and estimation. Our test will be the middle of next week.
- We have implemented a new web-based curriculum called MobyMax in our classrooms. MobyMax is tailored to your child's individual needs, and we think you will be very impressed by how fast your child will excel while using Moby. Students will be responsible for logging in practice time. Students need to complete 1 round of Fact Fluency (unless they have 100% in all four categories) and 10 minutes of Individualized Math Lessons. The students might want to set a timer.
- Students can continue to work on Khan Academy and Front Row Math.
- Weekly Reading Log: 20 minutes of reading, 5 nights per week, DUE MONDAYS (this is averaged into your child's reading grade)
- Weekly MobyMax Log: 1 round of Fact Fluency and at least 10 minutes of Math, 5 nights per week, DUE MONDAYS (this is averaged into your child's math grade)
- Weekly Vocabulary Page: This will go home every Tuesday, and needs to be completed and returned every Wednesday
- Students will most always have math homework every night through the week, Fridays and weekends off.
- Have you downloaded the Nettleton app? If not, go to your app store and search for Nettleton Public Schools. You will be able to email staff, receive information regarding school closing and much more!
Tues. Feb. 23: NED Show
Thurs. Feb. 25: THINK & TAP - Hytrol visit
Thurs. Feb. 25: Night of the Arts (5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.)
Fri. Feb. 26: Science Light Test & Bring Your Own Electronics - ticketed event
Mon. Feb. 29 - Fri. March 4: Read Across America week
Fri. March 11: End of 3rd Quarter
Thurs. March 17: Parent Teacher Conferences (2 p.m. - 8 p.m.)
Fri. March 18: Professional Development: NO SCHOOL
Mon. March 21 - Fri. March 25: SPRING BREAK