How Useful Are Gun Laws?
By: Scout Dishman
Can we really stop violence?
The fact is that it is shown that when having strict gun laws violence, suicide, and homicide rates are lowered.
US gun laws: 'Obama has no right to do this' - BBC News
The lethality of firearms in suicide attempts is 92.5%, this is the highest lethality percentage than any other form of suicide.
- Homicide is the second leading cause of death from ages 15 to 34 years old.
- Homicide was also the second leading cause of racial disparities in premature mortality among men.
- 90% of LEO officer homicides involved a firearm.
- 20% more likely for an LEO to get killed in New York than in the United Kingdom.
- 8 hours of gun safety training
- Mandatory background checks before the purchase of a firearm.