Muskingum Valley ESC - March 2019
March 6 - 4:00 p.m. Webinar: Are You Prepared for RESA?
March 8 - 8:00 a.m. Gifted Book Study and 9:00 a.m. Gifted Forum
Registration Is very important to get an accurate lunch count. Register here.
Contact Susan Larson at email@example.com with any questions.
March 11- Principal & Administrator PD w/ OTES 2 Year Renewal (1 of 3)
Register in STARS.
March 13 - Disciplinary Literacy in Social Studies and ELA, March 14 in Science and ELA
Meet Timothy Shanahan, one of the world’s premier literacy educators. He is a Distinguished Professor Emeritus at the University of Illinois at Chicago where he was Founding Director of the UIC Center for Literacy. Tim will share his expertise in adolescent literacy. Participants will learn about Disciplinary Literacy and strategies in teaching complex text.
March 13 - Register here.
March 14 - Register here.
March 18 - 8:30 a.m. Curriculum Council
Join the MVESC Curriculum Council Network to:
- Learn from others and generate ideas!
- Hear how others are approaching best practices, state requirements and common educational topics.
- Stay updated on current legislature, current research, state requirements and district happenings!
- Energize your leadership and learning skills through collaborative conversations, shared learning experiences and brainstorming!
- Connect with with other leaders to learn new and better ways of doing things!
March 22- Introduction To Trauma Informed Care with Dr. Bill Bauer, PH.D.
March 27 - 9:00 a.m. 2nd Grade Student Connections
- Creative Thinking and
- A STEM Challenge
Contact Christie McGee at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
March 29 - Integrating Your SLP Interventions into Classrooms: Moving from a Caseload to a Workload Approach
Interpreting the ASHA recommended "Workload vs. Caseload" approach to therapy sounds great in theory, but what does it look like in the busy day of a practicing, school-based Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP)? Practicing SLP Christina Bradburn has designed this seminar to provide you with timesaving strategies that will turn you into a school intervention superstar without compromising your SLP-specific skill set.