HSSD Construction Update
July 5-8, 2022
This weekly publication will showcase construction progress made across the district. The projects listed are the result of the successful April 2021 referendum, in which residents voted to approve $98 million in facilities updates at all eight HSSD schools. Please visit our Facilities Update website to view weekly editions of this publication and to learn more about these projects.
Interior floor openings that were previously cut and removed to install underground plumbing are being infilled with concrete.
- Iron workers will be arriving onsite to install roof joists and additional framing to the existing building. This will support snow loads that now need to be considered because of the new adjacent gym structure.
- Interior demo and installation will continue.
- The new gym addition will progress as more concrete footings and foundation walls will be poured.
- The masons will keep infilling openings and will start new wall construction.
- Outside: footings and foundations for the new gym.
- Inside: continuing structural reinforcement, saw cutting, and getting the underground work completed so the floors can be poured back in.
- Exterior canopy
- Concrete cutting in new bathroom
- Elevator shaft demolition is complete on first and second floor, so demolition of the existing slab is ongoing and new concrete will begin.
- Exterior windows
- Electrical fixtures
HSSD Facilities Updates
Archive of Facilities Update Publications