Travis Intermediate School: May 1, 2022
Important Information: Time for STAAR Testing
Important Information for Travis Parents/Guardians
Dropping Off Lunches- Please note, students not eating a lunch from the cafeteria will need to bring their lunch with them when they come to school. Lunches for students may not be dropped off in the front office for your child. If your child forgets their lunch, they may receive a free lunch this year from the cafeteria.
Students Arrive to School by 8:50 a.m.: Instruction begins at 8:50 for Travis students and we need your support in helping our students be at school on time. If your child arrives to campus after 8:50 a.m., parents will need to park and bring their child in to the front office to check in, letting the front office staff know the reason for the late arrival, providing a doctor's note, etc.
Early Start: Travis will again offer early start drop off beginning at 7:30 a.m. through the cafeteria entrance on Pauline St. Staff members will be on duty beginning at 7:30 a.m. to receive students. We ask that for the safety of our students, please do not drop off prior to 7:30 a.m. as students will not be supervised.
Travis Cell Phone Policy - As stated in the district Elementary & Intermediate Student Handbook, students are allowed to have cell phones on campus. Cell phones must remain turned off during the instructional day and in the student's backpack. If students do not comply with this policy, staff members may confiscate the cell phone and turn them in to the assistant principal. A parent/guardian will need to come to the school to pick up any cell phone that has been confiscated, as it will not be returned to the student once taken up.
Mark Your Calendars
- May 3: Boyz to Men 7:45; 5/6 Choir Concert 6-7:00
- May 4: 5 Band & Orchestra Concert 6-7:00; School Nurse Day
- May 5: Student Council Meeting 8:00; 6 Band & Orchestra Concert 6-7:00
- May 10: 6 STAAR Math Testing until 3:45
- May 11: 6 STAAR Reading Testing until 3:45; Ambassador Meeting 8:00
- May 12: 5 STAAR Science Testing until 3:45
- May 17: 5 STAAR Math Testing until 3:45; Boyz to Men Meeting 7:45
- May 18: 5 STAAR Reading Testing until 3:45
- May 19: 5/6 Social Studies CFA; Student Council Meeting 8:00
- May 23: 6 Spring Fling (invited students only)
- May 24: 5th Kona Ice Day; Awards Day
- May 25: 6th Kona Ice Day; Game Day
- May 26: Early Release at 12:45-Last Day for Students
Travis Dress Code
- Pants with holes or rips must be worn with tights or shorts long enough to cover the student's thighs.
- Tennis shoes are required for PE. Wheeled shoes, house shoes, slides or flip flops should not be worn.
- Pants should be worn at waist level, not sagging.
- Shorts, skirts, and dresses should be fingertip length. When arms are straight down along a student's side, material should be long enough to touch the tips of the fingers.
- Clothing that may refer to or advertise tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, narcotics or any other prohibited substance or displays vulgar/inappropriate language, obscenities, or graphics/pictures of any kind that are inappropriate for the school setting are not allowed.
- Hoods covering the head should not be worn in common areas inside the building. (hallways, cafeteria, auditorium)
Spring Fling for 6th Grade
Summer Gifted and Talented Testing
No Place for Hate® is an initiative of the Anti-Defamation League. The initiative is designed to engage the entire Travis school community in creating a welcoming environment committed to stopping all forms of bias and bullying. ADL’s No Place for Hate initiative provides a unique framework to incorporate new and existing programs with one consistent message. The initiative can help Travis foster a culture of respect and create a safe learning environment for students at all grade levels.
We begin every morning with the Resolution of Respect:
- I promise to do my best to treat everyone fairly.
- I promise to do my best to be kind to everyone—even if they are not like me.
- If I see someone being hurt or bullied, I will tell a teacher.
- I will help others to feel safe and happy at school.
- I will be part of making my school No Place for Hate®.
Updates from Our Clinic
Can my child go to school today?
If you have a child who needs to be registered to attend our campus, please call the school at 936-709-7000 to speak with our registrar, Ms. Solis.
We are here to support you! Please feel free to contact the school between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at 936-709-7000 or via email at email@example.com.
2020-2021 Texas Academic Performance Report (TAPR)
The Travis 2020-2021 Texas Academic Performance Report (TAPR) has been posted on our school's profile page. The accountability reports can be accessed using the following steps:
From the school’s website at www.travis.conroeisd.net
· Go to "Our School/Campus"
· Click “View School Profile"
· Select “Accountability Reports”
· Click “2020-2021”
· Select "Texas Academic Performance Report "
Follow Us On Social Media
Parent Access Center
Parents/Guardians wishing to access this service must have a valid email address.
Please go to the following link and follow the directions below:
Click the “Student/Parent” tab
Click on “Parent Access Center”
Sign up for Parent Access to stay up to date with your child's grades and more.
Stay in touch with CISD by downloading our new mobile app!
Download the app on your mobile device today and select ‘yes’ to receive push notifications with the latest news and updates from the District.
- Push Notifications - Select ‘yes’ when you download the app to receive the latest push notifications from the District.
- Calendar Events - Add events to the calendar on your personal mobile device directly from the calendar section on the app.
- News - Check out the latest District-wide and school news all in one place!
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner.
For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.