What's Up Wolfpack! 10/2 - 10/6
Great Oak Activities News 10/2 - 10/6
WSB is sending you info that we don't want you to miss! Check out our newsletter and we'll see you at our events this week!
What's in this Newsletter:
- GOHS Gives Back! Fallsgiving Events
- Red Wave Events
- Hispanic Heritage Month
- Club News
- Wristband Wednesday's
- Additional News and Activities For GO Students
- Athletic Events This Week
- It's Not Too Late to Purchase Your WSB Card!
- 20 Years of S.P.I.R.I.T. Celebration
- Follow Us on Social Media
1. Great Oak Gives Back! Fallsgiving Events
The Great Oak High School Fall Blood Drive is Monday, October 2nd.
To qualify to donate blood, donors must:
- Be 17 or older the day of the drive
- Students, Staff and Parents can donate!
- Be in good health
- Fulfill San Diego Blood Bank general Requirements (see this link for requirements)
A few appointments still available for adults!
Let's compete for a great cause!
Support our annual Canned Food Drive runnig from October 2nd to November 2nd.
All items will be dropped off in your 1st period class.
If you would like to donate and don't have a 1st period, can items can be dropped off with Mrs. Kofler in the SPIRIT Center (front office).
The organization we are supporting us is Community Mission of Hope .
All Items are 2 points each.
- Cereal (Hot & Cold)
- Pasta Sauce
- Peanut Butter
- Dried Beans
- Mac & Cheese
- Sides(Ex. Boxed Mashed potatoes ect.)
- Deodorant (large 3 points, small 1 point)
- Shampoo (large 3 points, small 1 point)
- Toothpaste (large 3 points, small 1 point)
Make a shoebox full of toys and necessities for a child in need for Christmas!
Review the items below to pack A SHOEBOX.
Shoeboxes can be one that you have or even a shoe plastic container.
Your goal is to create a shoebox for a boy or girl up to ages 14.
Attempt to get an item from each category below.
100% include a toothbrush, washcloth and bar of soap. These products are in desperate need for each child as they are products that typically aren't available to them.
As a thank you, 1 box = 1 hour of community service.
Turn in your box to the WSB Room by November 6th.
- Used/Damaged items
- War-related items (guns, knives, or military figures_
- Liquids or lotions
Do you know of a student or staff member who has made an impact inside or outside of school in a meaningful way?
If so, nominate them to be recognized by WSB at the 2023 Winter Wish Rally Dec. 8th!
Make sure your nominations are meaningful, genuine, and specific.
The last day to submit your nominations is October 27th.
2. Red Wave Events
3. Hispanic Heritage Month
4. Club News
New Club Approvals Presentations
Location: WSB Room
When: Monday mornings, 7:45am - 8:15am
Bring Club Constitution Print-out at the bottom of the Google Form
All Club Constitutions must be completed by the advisor.
Students will present at the WSB meeting.
The First Week of October is High School Voter Registration Week!
- All week long stations will be set up around campus at lunch to support our 16 and 17 year olds to pre-register to vote and 18 year olds registered to vote!
- This activity is sponsored by Rho Kappa (Social Studies Honor Society) and Political Youth Clubs.
- In the state of California, you can be 16+ to pre-register to vote.
5. Wristband Wednesdays
Wear your red, white and blue 20 Years of S.P.I.R.I.T. Wristband EVERY Wednesday! WSB will be surprising students and/or classes with promotional treats.
6. Additional News and Activities For GO Students
October 23-24th, WSB will be hosting a Spikeball Tournament.
Sign up below with a teammate to secure your spot!
Spots are limited to 8 teams.
The deadline for sign-ups is October 16th.
GOHS PTSA is so excited to bring the Reflections Art Program back to Great Oak! This year's theme is "I am Hopeful Because..." The National PTA Reflections Program is an arts recognition and achievement program for students. Students may submit entries, to be judged, in one or more of the following arts categories: dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts. All entries will be due to the front office, to the desk of Mrs. Remmers, by Thursday, October 19th. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com
GOHS PTSA is so excited to bring the Reflections Art Program back to Great Oak! This year's theme is "I am Hopeful Because..."
The National PTA Reflections Program is an arts recognition and achievement program for students. Students may submit entries, to be judged, in one or more of the following arts categories: dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts.
All entries will be due to the front office, to the desk of Mrs. Remmers, by Thursday, October 19th.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Home Athletic Events This Week
This Week in Home Athletic Competitions
- No Events
- Girls Tennis (Varsity @ 3:15pm)
- Football (Frosh @ 4:00pm/JV @ 6pm)
- Girls Golf (@ 3pm)
- Girls Tennis (Varsity @ 3:15pm)
- Boys Water Polo (Varsity @ 5pm/JV @ 6pm)
- Girls Volleyball (Frosh/JV @ 5pm/Varsity @ 6:30pm)
- Field Hockey (Varsity 3:30pm/JV @ 5pm)
- Girls Tennis (JVR @ 4pm)
All game times are subject to change. See GOHS Athletic Calendar for updates.
8. It's Not too late to Purchase Your WSB Card!
9. 20 Years of S.P.I.R.I.T. Celebration
We are celebrating 20 years of Great Oak High School! We are hoping that our Wolfpack Family, alumni and current, can help us with our celebration.
Throughout the year we are looking for donations for our students and staff.
If you are interested in supporting our campus, please reach out to email@example.com. You may also purchase items on our GOHS 20 Years of S.P.I.R.I.T. Amazon Wish List!
Thank you and have a Great Oak Year!