Cedar Reader: PTC Edition
Si tiene alguna pregunta sobre nuestra hoja informativa y necesita la traducción en español, por favor contacte a Erica Sánchez al 503 356 2560 opción 2 para español.
All current parents and guardians of CPMS students are automatically members of the PTC.
Our events, programs, school support, & enthusiasm
make up this vibrant volunteer community & are indeed, POWERED BY YOU.
TWO TO TAKEAWAY:
1. Cedar Park Socials managed the mayhem!
2. Our February PTC Community Meeting had a LOT of info & discussion. Read the full minutes below.
YOUR MONEY AT WORK: Student Socials Provide Awesome Memories
Students were able to enjoy a DJ, snack shack, various games and activities, a caricature artist, face painters, and a photo booth. The next social is scheduled for the last day of the school year, Friday, 6/12.
February 2020 Community Meeting Minutes and Treasurer's Report
The Cedar Park PTC held its first community meeting of 2020 on 2/24. Your PTC Board was on hand to give PTC updates and Megan Clifford, CPMS Vice Principal, shared Cedar Park updates.
Special guests included Sunset principal, John Huelskamp, and Beaverton High principal, Anne Erwin, who shared high school info and tips for parents.
Finally, Eric Simpson and Tom Collet, Beaverton School Board members, were in attendance to listen to feedback and answer questions re: the upcoming Common Middle School Experience changes. And oh, boy-- did parents have feedback! #firingsquad
- 5K dollars at work
- Recruitment for next year’s committee leads
- Beaverton & Sunset specifics and advice for parents
- Discussion surrounding the bell schedule changes proposed by the District
- YTD Treasurer’s Report
This meeting was PACKED with info and discussion. Read through the exciting minutes right HERE.
Questions can be directed to Bettina Jeszenszky, PTC President.
Next Community Meeting will be Monday, April 27, 2020 @ 6:30pm.
Join us to help shape next year’s budget!
Congrats to the Cast of "Check, Please!"
Next up this spring? Disney's High School Musical: Live!
Principal Coffee Recap: All the Dirt & Drama
5K Money is Doing the Heavy Lifting
- Brainstorming Improvement
- Common Middle School Experience Gets Real
- Boundary Adjustment Drama: How Will it End?
- Juicy Nuggets You’d Know if You’d Been Here
Feedback Needed for Upcoming Common Middle School Changes
The proposed Common Middle School Experience imitative will have a dramatic impact on Cedar Park's offerings and schedule. Please educate yourself by looking over the following resources. Significant changes are upcoming regarding scheduling, core class times, and elective choice, which will greatly impact our current offerings.
HOW TO SHARE YOUR VOICE:
- Take the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CommonMSS
- Email/call our superintendent, Don Grotting (phone: 503.356.4500) or email: email@example.com
Thank you for everyone's commitment to a strong Cedar Park community.
Black History Month Door Challenge: Decorated by Students & Teachers
Shadow a Beaver for a Day
All opportunities are scheduled through the mIP system.
Pro Tip: Hit the "Opportunities" tab and filter by "Cedar Park Middle School" to easily see sign-ups.
- Student Store (M-F, 8:45-9:15am)
- Copies and Files for Kelly Bright, SRC Special Education Teacher; time to be arranged via email (Kelly_Bright@beaverton.k12.or.us)
- Book Fair (Monday, 3/2- Wed, 3/4; times vary)
Upcoming (look for sign-up soon):
- March Staff Appreciation event
All parent and community volunteers are required to have an mIP profile. Head to www.cedarparkptc.org/volunteering for more details.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
Parent-Teacher Conferences, 2/26-2/27
NO SCHOOL (Conferences), Thursday, 2/27, Friday 2/28
Middle School Boundary Adjustment Meeting
Thursday, 3/12 @ 6:30, Mountain View Middle School
Band Concert, Thursday, 3/19, 6-8pm
Spring Break, 3/23-3/27
Middle School Choir Festival, Thursday, 4/9
Outdoor School Info Night, Thursday, 4/9 @ 6pm
NO SCHOOL (Grading Day), Friday, 4/10
NO SCHOOL (Staff Development), Friday, 4/24
PTC Community Meeting, Monday, 4/27 @ 6:30pm
OTHER INTERESTING BLOG POSTS YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
NEVER MISS A THING. Community members can subscribe to the PTC blog at www.cedarparkptc.org/news to receive the latest news on the day it posts.
Prefer social media? Find us on Facebook.