Niswonger Online Newsletter
Fall 2021 General Education Stats
We currently have over 1,600 enrollments in fall semester and year-long courses. Students in grades 8-12 from 26 school districts across the state of Tennessee are taking English, World Languages, Social Studies, Math, Science, CTE, and Fine Arts courses. We are delighted to play a part in the education of these students!
Tips for success
- Use a calendar (paper or digital) to keep track of due dates.
- Schedule time every school day to work on your online class.
- Ask for help when you need it.
Students, remember we have a whole team here to help you succeed.
- Send your teacher a Canvas message if you have any questions about the course material.
- Submit a Trouble Ticket for any technology issues and our Tech Team will help you.
- Contact Mrs. Davis, Niswonger Online Assistant Director, (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have additional questions or concerns.
Niswonger Online Late Work Policy
Niswonger Online has a new late work policy for the 2021-22 school year. Late work from the first half of the course will not be accepted after the following dates:
- Fall Semester Classes: November 1
- Year-Long Classes: February 1
- Spring Semester Classes: April 1
Course Spotlight: Level 3 World Language Classes
Taking a Level 3 world language course has many benefits for your language skills in both your native language and the language you are learning. It’s also a great way to stand out from your peers on college applications. Niswonger Online currently offers Spanish III, Latin III, and ASL III. French III will be offered for the first time in Spring 2022.
To learn more about all the benefits of language learning check out this article from ACTFL's Lead with Languages campaign.
Spring 2022 Enrollment Opens November 17
Check out our Course Catalog and start making plans for your Spring 2022 classes. Enrollment for AP and General Education courses opens on November 17. Enroll early to make sure you get a spot in your requested courses.
Fall 2021 AP Access for All Stats
We currently have close to 1,200 enrollments in AP courses representing 102 Tennessee districts. We are excited to offer these students a choice of 14 different Advanced Placement courses. Our course offerings will continue to grow. We hope to have many more students take advantage of this opportunity to enroll in AP classes for free through the AP Access for All Program.