Jack London Elementary, Home of The Wolves
Dear Jack London Families,
I hope that everything is well with you as we approach Spring Break. Things are going great at Jack London Elementary! We are looking forward to sharing your child's second report card with you. Report cards are up on our Aeries Parent Portal.
We are pleased to announce that we have a School Counselor now! The Counselor will meet with small targeted groups identified earlier this school year. Our classroom teachers have referred students to small groups, and permission slips have been sent to the homes of participating families. The Counselor will begin meeting with students after Spring Break. Please contact your child's teacher if you have not received a counseling group invitation and would like to receive one. PresenceLearning will be providing our counseling services via teleconference -"PresenceLearning professionals use their secure, web-based platform to deliver sessions." Our SAY Clinician, Ms. Natalie, will also continue to meet with students. We are excited to have PresenceLearning join our team.
Our Read Across America collected over 500 books for our book giveaway!! Each student got to take a book home, and they were beaming as they took their books home. The extra books are being donated to the classrooms. Thank you, Jack London Families, for organizing such a fantastic event! Thank you all for your contributions.
Please mark your calendar for our upcoming school holidays and Emergency Days. Emergency days are days reserved to hold school in the event of an unscheduled school closure. Thankfully, since we have not had to use these days, they are NO SCHOOL DAYS. Emergency Days are on March 18th and April 8th. Spring Break will be from March 21st-25th. We will see you when we return on Monday, March 28th.
Kindergarten Enrollment: Space is limited! If you are interested, please fill out your Online Enrollment. Please give me a call if you have any questions. (707) 522-3030
Aeries Parent Portal: If you have issues with your accessibility, don't hesitate to contact me at the office. I will be happy to help you. Here is the link to access your Parent Portal.
COVID Antigen Test Kits: Each student will receive an antigen test to take home on Wednesday.
Reporting a Student Absence: Attendance is essential! To report an absence, please call our hotline. Remember to state the reason why your child will be absent.
Absent HOTLINE- (707)522-8917 Press 5
Thank you for your patience and support as I am learning all the beautiful things about Jack London. -Ana
- March 18th- Emergency Day, No School
- March 21st- 25th SPRING BREAK
- March 28th- Students Return from Spring Break
- April 12th-May 5th Third-Sixth Graders take the CAASPP
- April 7th District DANCE FIT
- April 8th- Emergency Day, No School
- April 12th- Jack London Families Meeting
- April 21st- SSC Meeting 3:30 PM
Traffic Safety at School
REMINDER- Kindergarten students and their siblings are the only families allowed to drop off and pick up students at the front of the school. Thank you for helping keep our Kindergarteners safe.
After School Enrichment Opportunities for Students
- We are in our second round of Computer Classes with Mrs. Leo! This is a very popular class! Computer Classes are Wednesdays in the Library after school.
- HULA!- Afterschool has never sounded so great!! Our students enjoy learning the art of Hula on Mondays. Space is still available if you would like your child to participate.
- Girls on The Run! with Ms. Dolan and Mrs. Hergert is inspirational. The girls meet after school on Mondays and Thursdays.