The Bayou News
Snap Into Greatness
February 2023 - UPDATES!
Chromebooks & Testing Dates
💗 Valentine's Day Photo Booth 💗
Friday, February 17 is a Teacher Work Day
Monday, February 20 is a Professional Development Day
Science Accelerated Instruction
This is by invitation ONLY!
⛹🏿♂️ Open Gym ⛹🏽♀️
🏀 Basketball 🏀
WHAT: 10th Annual Superintendent’s Fun Run and Festival
WHERE: 8877 Barker Cypress Road (The Berry Center)
WHEN: Saturday, April 1, 2023
Registration Opens Friday, January 20 and Closes Friday, March 10, 2023
Payment Information: Registration will be done through School Cash @ https://cypress-fairbanksisd.schoolcashonline.com/Fee/Details/108070/135/False/True
5k (t-shirt and timing chip): $25 adults; $20 students
1 mile (wristband): $25 adults; $20 students
Sleep in pass: $10 adults; $5 students
Students are expected to bring their Chromebook and Charger to school daily!
Students who do not bring their Chromebook and chargers daily may be asked to stay after school for tutorials to make up digital assignments and/or tests. Tests and many in-class assignments are digital this year.
If your student’s Chromebook is not working, damaged, or lost, please make sure they enter a Happy Fox ticket. This will be the only way their devices get repaired/replaced. Happy Fox can be accessed from any device by going to my.cfisd.net.
If your student does not remember their password, please go to stugo.cfisd.net to reset it. Follow the on-screen directions to reset the password.
Notes From the Clinic
A healthy school community requires parents and schools to partner with each other. To prevent/minimize local outbreaks of contagious disease, parents must keep children who have an illness that can be spread from person to person at home, and CFISD school nurses will exclude students with symptoms of a communicable illness from school attendance. Please be aware of the following guidelines for school attendance:
· COVID-19: Refer to the CFISD LEAD Safely plan at https://www.cfisd.net/domain/2305 for students who are experiencing symptoms or have tested positive. Please call the clinic with any lab or home test results for students at 281-897-4321. Please write the date of testing on any home test that is taken.
· Fever: A child must remain home with fever equal to or greater than 100°F and may only return after he/she has been fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medicine such as Tylenol or Motrin.
· Diarrhea/Vomiting: A child with continuing diarrhea and/or vomiting must stay home and may return to school only after being symptom free for 24 hours.
· Parents of our Female Students Only: In order to help keep our female students comfortable and in school during their monthly cycles, the clinic does provide sanitary napkins and some underwear. Parents may also bring medication such as Midol or Cramp relief to the clinic. ALL medications MUST be signed in by a parent/guardian, please do not send medications with your student. Your student may also carry any additional items such as change of clothes, wet wipes, and their own pads in a small make-up bag.
· Medications: Per CFISD policy, ALL medication must be brought to the clinic by a parent/guardian, where written consent to administer the medication will be obtained. Prescription medication must be in the original bottle, and nonprescription medication must be in the original, unopened container. No Aspirin or medications that contain Aspirin may be given to students at school.
· Eyeglasses: If your child has prescription glasses, please ensure they wear them to school each day. Healthy vision is a critical part of learning well in school.
Mental Health Minute
The Mental Health Minute
Providing mental health information, resources and self care tips! A mental illness is a condition that affects a person's thinking, feeling or mood. Such conditions may affect someone's ability to relate to others and function each day. Each person will have different experiences, even people with the same diagnosis.
SanaMente ¡Tu salud mental importa!
Proporcionando información sobre salud mental, recursos y consejos para el cuidado personal. Sin salud mental no podemos estar sanos. Cualquier parte del cuerpo, incluso el cerebro, puede enfermarse. Todos pasamos por eventos que nos causan altibajos emocionales de vez en cuando. Las condiciones de salud mental van más allá de estas reacciones emocionales que tenemos a situaciones específicas.
How to stop negative self-talk
Positive thinking helps with stress management and can even improve your health. Practice overcoming negative self-talk with examples provided. By Mayo Clinic Staff Is your glass half-empty or half-full? How you answer this age-old question about positive thinking may reflect your outlook on life, your attitude toward yourself, and whether you're optimistic or pessimistic - and it may even affect your health.
A friendly reminder
- ID badges must be worn at all times.
- Students must follow the CFISD Code of Conduct.
- Students must adhere to the Dress Code Policy.
- Students must have a clear bag / backpack.
Campbell Middle School
Location: 11415 Bobcat Road, Houston, TX, USA