Pride of the Tribe
May 6, 2019
Don't forget the Postcard Challenge and the opportunity to wear jeans for the remainder of the school year!!
SchoolStatus - A share-out from Mrs. Sullivan
In SchoolStatus, there is a notes option. After opening a student's screen, on the left-hand side, there is a place to enter notes on a student. You can make the note private (for your own use but still subject to open records act) or sharable with other teachers. I'm finding it really useful for documentation on student's progress. It's a great way to see what a student is doing in other classes that is not a disciplinary action, but something other teachers might want to be aware of.
It appears that high-volume users get t-shirts!
Thanks for sharing Mrs. Sullivan!
Nuts and Bolts
- EOC Testing - Read emails and know how you are assisting.
- Track Shorts - We have not been consistent on the length of track shorts all year. If you feel a student needs to be seen for this please send them to the office. We have made girls change if the shorts are above the hand but if it is within the hand we have allowed them to be worn. Hopefully, we won't have to worry about this next year!
- 2019-2020 Common Goals Form - Every employee is required to complete. Please have completed by Monday.
- CTE/Elective Department Meetings @ 7:45am
- Algebra I EOC
- National Honor Society Induction Ceremony, 6:00pm
- Math/Science Department Meetings @ 7:45am
- US History EOC
- English/SS Department Meetings @ 7:45am
- Biology EOC
- Choir Concert @ 7:00pm
- State Track Send-Off @ 8:10am
- State Track Meet (Friday and Saturday)
- Baseball Area Game vs. Crandall in Plano, 4:00pm
If you're already planning for next year, here's a good one! Thanks, Carly!
I Leave You With This...
I thought this was pretty powerful and something even I am guilty of.
"As a coach/ teacher or player, If you walk by something that isn’t up to standard and don't correct it, then you have just created a new lower standard."
CULTURE IS CREATED THROUGH INTENT. Thanks, @coachcodutti for the reminder!