Mrs. Rumbolt's Grade One
First off I would like to welcome and let you know that we had a fantastic first week! I have an amazing group of students this year and I am very excited for the wonderful opportunities that lie ahead!
Near the beginning of each month I will be sending home this newsletter informing you of important dates and information regarding our classroom. Please feel free to email me back any questions you may have. There is also a school wide newsletter that is sent out every few weeks, so watch for that in your inbox as well.
LETTER HOME: I hope everyone had a chance to look through the agenda as well as read my first day letter home. Please see the front of the agenda for information regarding the school year calendar.
- ZERO THE HERO: Please see the secret email that was sent to you regarding Zero the Hero!
- HOMEWORK: Our classroom "Practice Page" will be beginning this week. Watch for it in your child's binder. Our daily leveled reading program will begin around the end of the month.
SCHOOL FEES: School fees are $80 and are due by the end of September if possible. Payments can be sent as cash or cheque. You can also pay via debit or credit card at the school office.
SUPPLIES: If you haven’t sent in a plain white t-shirt or a pair of plain white socks we will be needing those at the end of the month for a science/art project.
LIBRARY: Your child will be coming home with their first library book on Tuesday! This book comes back to school the very next day after it is shared with you. Grade one students have daily library and have the opportunity to choose from a variety of genres. Please safely send the library book back and forth in the binder.
ALLERGIES: Reminder that we are a peanut/nut free classroom, as we have several students with allergies in our class.
Upcoming Important Dates:
Friday, Sept. 11 - 11:30 am dismissal
Thursday, Sept. 17 - Meet the Teacher Pizza Night: 6:00-7:30 pm at the school
Friday, Sept. 18 - 11:30 am dismissal
Saturday, Sept. 19 - Terry Fox District Fun Run: Muskoseepi Park AM
Monday, Sept. 21 - Parent Council General meeting: 6:30 pm at the school
Wednesday, Sept. 23 - Picture Day
Friday, Sept. 25 - 11:30 am dismissal
1) We have been working hard on our color sight words. Ask your child to sing our color songs to see if they can spell them!
2) Every morning we discuss the date, season, as well as how many days we have been in school. Ask your child what month it is? Day of the week? Etc.
3) A health concept we have been talking about is healthy versus unhealthy food. Ask your child to name some of each.